Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threatend with Court by Eircom for E14.51 debt!

Options
  • 14-04-2011 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Moved house recently, the new owner said he'd pay all bills from a certain point. Didn't realise there was still a tiny outstanding Eircom Bill and I received a threatening letter today because I owe them E14.51, court, solicitors costs and all they said will be borne by me:). All to recover the precious sum of E14.51:rolleyes:. Gawd the stamp alone would have set them back a sizeable portion of that.

That either I or the new owner will pay is not in question, however it felt like a bizarre dictat, like taking out a tank to crack a nut....they are very sad people who should spent their time doing something more productive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's standard procedure for any outstanding debt, that the threat of court action be mentioned. It would have cost them no more than a few cents to generate and send this letter, and in the majority of cases the letter will work, and the debt will be paid quickly. It represents good value for money from the businesses point of view.

Mostly, this is an automated process too, so no one (sad or otherwise) will ever be involved in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

All automated, same letter goes out if you owe €14,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its not a personalised letter, its automated and the system printing it would send it whether you owe 10 cent or 10 grand.

I get this all the time, our company CEO's name is on the bottom of any correspondence sent to customers and people ring in wanting to speak to the person who's in charge of the entire company in relation to a 20 quid invoice :rolleyes: you may as well ring apple and ask to speak with Steve Jobs to help you sort out something on your iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

What does it matter how much the debt is for though? And if you think they shouldn't send a letter for €14.51, what specific cut-off do propose? What if they don't send a letter for anyone under €30 - then the guy who owes €30.01 will be moaning. Do you not get it?

Also - try AltGr + 4 on your keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I remember years ago I got the same thing from BT and thought the lady who signed the letter actually sent me the letter. For some reason, I rang and got told her direct dial number and through my naive manner, rang a lot and left a host of messages to the point they severed all contact with me. At least it worked.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

krudler wrote: »
    Its not a personalised letter, its automated and the system printing it would send it whether you owe 10 cent or 10 grand.

I get this all the time, our company CEO's name is on the bottom of any correspondence sent to customers and people ring in wanting to speak to the person who's in charge of the entire company in relation to a 20 quid invoice :rolleyes: you may as well ring apple and ask to speak with Steve Jobs to help you sort out something on your iphone

Someone has sent an e-mail to Steve Jobs before and gotten a reply .. lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/williamspictures/113498132/in/pool-tuawrigs/#/photos/williamspictures/113498132/in/pool-41224503@N00/

Advertisement