Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asus p67 return policy???

Options
  • 14-04-2011 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

hey lads can someone tell me what i got to do to return my asus p67 pro board for a revised b3 one??.
    do i contact my supplier or asus themselves?
    also do i send off just the board or does it need all the plastic and adaptors driver disk etc that came with it.

any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

You're better off doing it through the retailer imo... At least that way you can just order another one beforehand, then send back the original one for a refund so there'll be no downtime (plus you'll have a box and stuff to pack it in as well that way)

Depends on who you're sending it back to really, but chances are you'll only have to send the board back. Have a read through the RMA faq for whoever you're sending it back to...

/edit
    **** that, I've just seen the price of a P8P67 Pro now... There was me thinking early adopters had it bad!
    Guess I'll be sending mine back to Overclockers for a replacement...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Yeah, I was wondering this also.
    I bought the Asus P67 board from scan.co.uk a few months ago.

If I had to order a new Rev 3 one first, and get the refund when the old one is sent back,
    I wonder would it be worth upgrading beyond my standard P67 one?

Maybe this Asus Sabertooth P67 rev3, lol. :)
    or maybe the Asus P67 Pro rev3 .

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭diddly3000

i got my board from computer2000. i work in a pc repair shop so have access to trade prices. i may just ring them tomorrow and see what they say about it. i hope its just the board they want cos i threw out some of the packaging except the actual box and few bits that were in it of course.
    just said i would post here to see if anyone else from ireland has done it yet to see what sort of delay to expect, because all my tv/movies are on this pc and i would probably loose my mind without it for any amount of time lol :eek:

Moon54 wrote: »
    Yeah, I was wondering this also.
    I bought the Asus P67 board from scan.co.uk a few months ago.

If I had to order a new Rev 3 one first, and get the refund when the old one is sent back,
    I wonder would it be worth upgrading beyond my standard P67 one?

Maybe this Asus Sabertooth P67 rev3, lol. :)
    or maybe the Asus P67 Pro rev3 .

Any thoughts?
    which asus p67 is it? i have the p67 pro one myself and i think its an excellent board (especially for overclocking) my 15 2500k is oc'd to 4.6Ghz just from pressing one button on the asus utility from within the os pretty impressive i think:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

diddly3000 wrote: »
    which asus p67 is it?

My board is the standard Asus P8P67 one.
    Hmmm, looking at the specs between my one and the P8P67 Pro, there's not much
    difference, the Pro has SLI, an extra expansion port & a SPDIF out.

I do love my board as well, so easy to overclock. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

i hope you have the plastic cover that was in the cpu socket because they wont take a mobo back without it a lesson my friend learned the hard way asus and the e-tailor both said no

has anyone returned their boards yet i sent mine back to asus last tuesday and have not heard a word from them since, not even a e-mail to confirm they recieved the board, im starting to get impatient now:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Yup all retailers must take the board back for an exchange or a refund. It's fairly quick and harmless. Remember though, there is nothing really wrong with the board. You won't see any increased performance from a new (b3)

yeah i understand that but i want to use the sata 3gb/s ports for my hdd's.
    i sent it to asus and not the e-tailer a bought it from. should it take this long its over a week now and im fed up lookin at my pc sitting on the table with its guts hanging out lol :eek:

i e-mailed asus. they are out of stock at the min and they wont have any mobo's til PROBABLY beginning of next week. so it could be late next week by the time i get my board back or week after.
    man im pissed off right now :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

yeah it can take a while :(

Advertisement