Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFlow charge for M50 toll

Options
  • 14-04-2011 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone might have had a similar situation to this, and I was looking for a bit of advice on the matter...

We have an EazyPass tag, fitted to the car, and usually travel on the M6. The tag beeps whenever it feels like it, and quite often doesn't beep but the barrier still lifts (i.e. so we know that it's working, even if it decides not to beep).

Trouble is, we recently went north on the M50, and the tag didn't beep. So what, we thought...often happens that it doesn't beep.

Anyway, turns out that we're hit for an unpaid toll charge, so I went to the eFlow website and completed the whole form where it deals specifically with mishaps like this (registered users 'missed' by the scanners).

Thought all was fine, but today we get hit for 45eur charge because eFlow rejected our query. From their point of view, the car went through the toll so we are liable for the charge.

Only got the post this evening, so it's after office hours to call them.

Anyone had a case like this?
    Basically, either the scanners were at fault, or else the tag is at fault. I imagine both companies will say it's not their fault of course.

what do ye do? Small claims court maybe???

hope you can help!
    andy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you spoken to any of the operators about this? They usually have more freedom in the system than an automatically submitted form.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

no i just did the online form actually. i'm going to call them today though, and see what they say. was just checking first (seeing as it was too late yesterday evening to call them) in case someone might have had the same issue, and maybe there was a particular way to deal with them or whatever.

will post later after I've dealt with them, in case it's useful to someone else that might encounter the same situation...

cheers,
    andy

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

>> update >>

OK, so it turns out the issue was because we had changed the car last year to a newer car.
    We never called EazyPass to tell them the new reg number. So.... the photo from M50 showed the new reg, and the tag number didn't match that reg, so they billed the owner of the new reg for the charge (us).

Lesson learned! let EasyPass know if you change your car!

they adjusted the account now, and we just have to log back on to the eFlow website and use the cancellation option now, and it'll be cancelled because the account/tag/reg all match up now.

doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Easy to do, cheers for the heads up.

Advertisement