Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC box upgrade

• 14-04-2011 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭

Got a silly error with my UPC box which I cant clear.

Every 24 hours, the screen goes black and says something like "Software upgrade 0016, would you like to upgrade your software to the latest version, you will not be able to watch TV while upgrading. Ok - Cancel".

Fantastic an upgrade. But the problem is that I cant select either ok or cancel, anything I do with the remote effects what was on the screen before the message came up.

After about 20 seconds the message goes away and the screen is left in whatever state it was after the button mashing that went on.

Frustrating, anyone else had this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,541 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Do you normally leave the box plugged in overnight? If not, maybe you should leave it plugged in (and switched off) for a couple of nights and it will update automatically in the middle of the night.

What's happening suggests that the only time the box is plugged in is when you're watching TV so it's not able to update when you're not watching TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Nope, box is never unplugged and is left on standby all the time. The message comes up every 24 hours and it tells me it'll come up in 24 hours again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ria.rayner

What type of box is it? if it has a UPC button on the remote then you can force the downloaad through by keeping hold of the left arrow button on the front while unplugging and plugging it back in.

If its one of the older boxes call them up

New DVR box. Will try that next time I use it.

Still having the same problems :( Anyone know how to force an update of the black DVR HD box? And will I lose my stored programs? (Would be daft if I did but hopefully not)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

Every 24 hours? Sounds like a faulty box. They only release an update 2 or 3 times a year. You need to call them on 1908.

Nah its the same update, gives me the option for "Ok" or "Cancel" however I cant actually select ok or cancel. Menu items operate whatever was on the TV before the window came up.

I'll give them a ring.

Well arent I the idiot.

Turns out it wasnt the UPC box looking for an upgrade, it was the TV. No wonder the UPC remote didnt work!

Advertisement