Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl Wireless Transmission Set

• 14-04-2011 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I have a Sky box in the sitting room and I'm looking for something so that when I go to bed I can watch it there too, Lidl have this http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ie/hs.xsl/index_8346.htm Monday and was wondering if anyone knows what the quality would be like and can I change channels from the bedroom or does it just send Audio/Video and I'd have to be in front of the Sky box to change channels? The distance isn't far as the sitting room is almost directly beneath the bedroom. Or maybe there is something better out there that might suit my needs???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Homer

It uses the older 2.4gHz technology rather than the newer 5.8gHz versions. I had terrible problems with the older versions as so many things interfered with the signal.. Baby minders, cordless phones etc. The newer versions I have found much more reliable.
    Yes this one will allow you to change the channel on your sky box from the bedroom. If you can try it and return it if it doesn't work then it's worth a punt.
    The newer 5.8gHz versions are more expensive but are guaranteed to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Smur

I recently set one of these up in my parents house, this exact one actually. The distance was about 20 metres through 4 brick walls and it took a long time to find a position where the picture was passable. Sound is still a bit dodge so I've switched it to mono on the receiving TV, plus I needed to change the WIFI routers' channel number one at a time until the terrible picture ticking disappeared - They work off the same frequency. Room above another should be ok though...

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Thanks for the info lads, can you recommend a certain brand Homer?

Advertisement