If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HI FI Speakers

Options
  • 14-04-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

hi lads

unfortunately one of my monitor audio br2,s speakers is sounding distorted when i turn up the volume of my amp from a system i purchased from you 3 years ago, switched speakers from L to R and still problem speaker wonder if you have a spare BR2 about or if not can you give me a price on a pair of mission mx1 and q acoustics2020 both in walnut please.

many thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

stoves1 wrote: »
    hi lads

unfortunately one of my monitor audio br2,s speakers is sounding distorted when i turn up the volume of my amp from a system i purchased from you 3 years ago, switched speakers from L to R and still problem speaker wonder if you have a spare BR2 about or if not can you give me a price on a pair of mission mx1 and q acoustics2020 both in walnut please.

many thanks

DONT SWAP YOUR BR2 FOR MX1 or 2020 - YOU WILL REGRET!

Why dont you just replace the driver??

Any idea if it's the tweeter (top one) or the Woofer ( Larger bottom one)?

We can supply the parts to repair your Monitor Audio BR2 really cheaply and honestly whilst we would love to sell you a new pair of speakers your BR2's will still outperform MX1 110% and still sound good against 2020.

To replace the woofer is approx €56 and to replace the Tweeter is approx €39 - it's really unlikely (as in I have never seen it on an MA speaker) that you have blown both drivers so really it's worth replacing the drivers - it's a simple 10 minute job - we can talk you through it!

Keep me posted,

(I'll get given out to now for not selling you new speakers :()

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭stoves1

many thanks john for prompt and honest reply, i,ll check out the speaker tomorrow and give you a call,

john

spoke to dave in office this morning, the bottom speaker is faulty, he is organising a replacement, again many thanks::)

many thanks to john and crew for organising the replacement woofer, which i recieved and replaced yesterday, now if only the next door neighbours would go away on holiday so i can blast up sound:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dadgad2010

I have two Wharfedale valdus 400 cabinets, for listening to music. I am looking for speakers to replace the old ones.
    200 mm -8 ohm-92db-150 watt, bass and mid speakers. Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

dadgad2010 wrote: »
    I have two Wharfedale valdus 400 cabinets, for listening to music. I am looking for speakers to replace the old ones.
    200 mm -8 ohm-92db-150 watt, bass and mid speakers. Anyone?

Hi Dadgad,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Are you limited to 200mm? Or can you go a lil bigger? Got some nice options but they're bigger speakers.

Check out the Cambridge Audio S30 speakers. They almost tick every box:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/bookshelf-speakers/cambridge-audio/s30/camb-s30-blk

I can offer these for £129.95.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.