Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funderland, anyone going?

Options
  • 14-04-2011 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

I went to it last year and it was a bit of fun. I'm not sure if it's more expensive this year or not. I usually can't remember what I ate yesterday but it does seem more pricey to what we paid last time.

The Marquee, beside The Showgrounds, Balintemple, Cork. (adjacent to Pairc Ui Chaoimh) will once again play host to Funderland Cork

Date - 15th of April to 2nd of May
    Opening Timing - 2pm - 10pm
    Wristbands Sessions - 2pm to 6pm and 6pm to 10pm
    Prices of :
    Regular Wristbands - €19.95
    Junior Wristbands - €12.95
    Family Wristbands - €59.95
    Groups 12 or more - €17.95

I'll be going tomorrow with the missus and some friends. Maybe some of you want to join us to get a wristband a whole 2 euro cheaper :D. Break away once inside and do your own thing then or whatever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

do you have to buy a wristband to gain entry? Just that I was thinking of taking my daughter but she's quite young and would only be interested in a few of the smaller rides and I'd be just going as a parent, no intention of going on anything.
    Is there an entry fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

do you have to buy a wristband to gain entry? Just that I was thinking of taking my daughter but she's quite young and would only be interested in a few of the smaller rides and I'd be just going as a parent, no intention of going on anything.
    Is there an entry fee?

From what I remember they charge you 1/2 euro at the gate and then if you don't get a wrist band you can pay per ride (usually 2.50 / 3 / 5 euro depending on the ride)...more expensive without the band but obviously not worth getting in your daughters case.

Website is https://www.funderland.com/cork.php maybe e-mail / call them to check? :) Hope she has a blast!

Edit - Their FAQ section answers your question:

What other method of payment can I use at Funderland?
    A. You can either opt to Pay As You Go, simply pay the admission cost of €2 and then pay for the individual attraction(s) of your choice, or purchase an unlimited ride wristband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Is there an entry fee?

How old is your daughter? I thought the same last year when I brought my nieces who were 5 and in the end I spent about 10e and they still wanted to go on more rides so I ended up buying them the wristbands.
    Maybe pay the euro and have a look, see what she can go on and work out how much you will end up paying, then get the wrist band if it is cheaper.

I LOVE Funderland, cannot wait to go. I go about 4 times every year, bringing various nieces and nephews, OH, friends etc. LOVE IT :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Cadyboo wrote: »
    ...I thought the same last year...

Me too. There was a good bit there even for young kids. I definitely spent near enough, if not more than, what the wristband costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Captain KERT

Hi all went to funderland yesterday great fun for all the kids and myself watching people's reactions to some of the rides staff very helpful and friendly one complaint the burgerbar inside the compound is very expensive and portions are small besides that great day out if you can afforde it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 SamV

Hi all went to funderland yesterday great fun for all the kids and myself watching people's reactions to some of the rides staff very helpful and friendly one complaint the burgerbar inside the compound is very expensive and portions are small besides that great day out if you can afforde it
    What kind of age bracket would you say it's suitable for? Is there anything for kids around 4-5y.o.?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Scotborn76

SamV wrote: »
    What kind of age bracket would you say it's suitable for? Is there anything for kids around 4-5y.o.?
    A few small things. The rest with the usual height restrictions.
    Is it worth the money for them at their age? Dunno.
    Funderland is never cheap I find no matter what age the kids.

Advertisement