Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City - Balbriggan (1am-6am)

Options
  • 14-04-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hey, recently moved up to Balbriggan but am working in Temple Bar. The buses seem fine but there are no buses between about 1am-6am which is usually the time I'm finished work. I love Balbriggan but am sick of waiting around until 6am and driving home isnt an option as I dont have a car.

Just wondering does anybody know of any alternative routes / means of transport? Even one that would be within 20mins walking distance of Drogheda St? (Taxi option is way too expensive)

Thanks in advance,
    Shanley.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Off the top of my head, 33n - but that only runs on Fridays and Saturday nights me thinks. You're kinda screwed for transport out this way at that hour. There's no trains.. very little if any busses..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I thought the bus eireann 101 drogheda service ran all night...

I could be wrong though

I dont have a link to the site at the moment.

I thought the bus eireann 101 drogheda service ran all night...

Thick Rush head on me. Ignorant to what doesn't pass through the town.

https://194.106.151.95/asp/NationalList.asp?Origin=Dublin&Destination=Drogheda&Date=--

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

thats the one ive been using I assumed there was no others? Thats the one that stops from about 1.20 until 6.20
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1296576686-101.pdf

You're out of options then, mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Unless, and its a long shot.You could go around to where the 33 leaves from and just ask , I think, and I could be wrong one leaves Dublin at about 4.

Other options are, advertising , you might get a reply from a delievery person.Now Tesco is open 24 hours Im sure they have people leaving Dublin to come out.I wish I could help you.A bike, no, for real.One of the guys on here cycles to Dublin.I can remember him/her saying it , as Im still in shock.

When I first moved here I would hitch into work at 11 O Clock at night.:eek:
    Maddness and not recommended.(It was ....in my day).

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Roads are nice an quiet at that time, so if you have a decent bike, some good lights and the inclination cycling is an option. There are a lot of us that cycle from Skerries into town on a regular basis (and I tend to take the long way back via Balbriggan), a few from Balbriggan and one guy does a 100km round trip, Bettystown into central Dublin (he only does it 3-4 times a week though;))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Some of the folks on the transport forum may be able to answer better. Dublin Bus used to do something called the "night train" I think. Basically it's a very early bus that goes around Dublin and picks up early drivers. If you knew a bus driver they may be able to help you out.

The other option is that there are actually early buses in/out of Dublin Airport but they are marked as pick-up only on the stops that you may need. The 200 to Belfast leaves Busaras at 3am. and it does stop in the Airport and Drogheda Bus Station. Both pick-ups but I wonder does it depend on the driver. Either way a taxi from the Airport or Drogheda Bus Station may be more affordable.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The 101n is leaves busaras at 3am on Friday and Saturday too. At least that's part of the week.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

The 101n is leaves busaras at 3am on Friday and Saturday too. At least that's part of the week.

Its 3.30 am. 12.30 and 3.30. Picks up on O'Connell St too outside Easons.

The 33N goes from Westmoreland st at 12midnight 2 am and 4am.

Both of these are just on Friday and Saturday night though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement