Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

being robbed by someone richer then me!

Options
  • 14-04-2011 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

so i got my easypass bill there and glanced over transactions and was surprised to see i had made four journeys on two dates i was in hospital! rand them up and they were able to pull up the photos of the transactions on their computer.

turns out someone who drives a lexus had changed one of the numbers on their reg plate so it was the same as mine!

i drive a crap car (that is in negitive equity as still paying it off and its not worth s**t) and this person has been 'using' my easytag as all journeys were attached to my reg number.

are people really so hard pressed for 3 euro? w*nkers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭LimeTime

Well that's how they could afford the Lexus.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

thats true! never thought of it that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They probably just made a mistake and are now trying to cover themselves. Did they say they'd report it to the Gardai or anything? Tell them you will and see what they say

I've been charged a few times myself for journeys I never made, and charged twice for ones I did make

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

You dont get rich paying for your own easypass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

A Lexus eh? I think your culprit works for North Norfolk Digital!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I thought this was going to be another bankers thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

if you have the number 3 on your reg plate,take out the screw holding the plate and reapply it to the top left corner to make a 9,no more toll :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

So... then what happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

you don't get minted being nice.

They probably just made a mistake and are now trying to cover themselves. Did they say they'd report it to the Gardai or anything? Tell them you will and see what they say

I've been charged a few times myself for journeys I never made, and charged twice for ones I did make

no think it was for real! they told me to ring the gaurds in case i started getting parking tickets or something else! to be honest i never check the bill but will defo in future!

• Advertisement

Knasher wrote: »
    So... then what happened?

well obviously straight away i cam on here to fill ya'll in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Can you not go to the gardai with your evidence and get them to identify the car.....they may have only changed one digit and it would be straightforward to see if one of the alternatives is a Lexus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Well then OP...

What have we learned about the way the world works?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

then you what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

so i got my easypass bill there and glanced over transactions and was surprised to see i had made four journeys on two dates i was in hospital! rand them up and they were able to pull up the photos of the transactions on their computer.

turns out someone who drives a lexus had changed one of the numbers on their reg plate so it was the same as mine!

i drive a crap car (that is in negitive equity as still paying it off and its not worth s**t) and this person has been 'using' my easytag as all journeys were attached to my reg number.

are people really so hard pressed for 3 euro? w*nkers.

guess he wants to be like Snoop Doggy G driving his lexus from longbeach ta Texus which in Ireland means to an AIB bank or a gov department robbin his homies on da way, fo real

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

bluewolf wrote: »
    then you what?
    He/she doesn't get it. Being obvious, it's not "then", it's "than". I actually never saw this mistake before I joined Boards. It's all over the place here :confused:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

then you what?

Accidently all of it....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I thought this was going to be another bankers thread.

Still dont know what the Lexus driver does for a living.....the night is still young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Accidently all of it....

and covered in piss

then you what?

really? you are a much better person than me. thanks for pointing that out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement