Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move over Minecraft... (Ace of Spades)

• 13-04-2011 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭

A game suffering from minecraft syndrome has just exploded recently and it's called Ace of Spades.

Basic premise of the game, two teams, generated world, your basic Minecraft tools but more importantly a rifle and grenade. You can build your defences which can be blown up etc. Game is extremely rough at the moment but the idea is fantastic and it might evolve into something very big.

Sadly the forums have collapsed in on themselves with the amount of traffic they are getting and im probably not doing them any favours :p Anyway if anyone gets into a server tell us your thoughts will be interesting to hear what the general opinion is.

http://ace-spades.com/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/04/13/10-reasons-you-need-to-play-ace-of-spades/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Minecraft capture the flag. With guns. WWI style. I just lost my whole day to this.

Ace Of Spades

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Looks AWESOME!!!! Downloading right now... :D

EDIT: ITS excellent!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I never really played minecraft, but this is really fun. Akthough I've no idea what im meant to be doing. I just try to tunnel into a mountain then pop out and kill someone. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Oh FúCK... This is Awesome!!!!

Any chance of a boards server?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

what server you guys on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Spunge wrote: »
    Any chance of a boards server?

Easy enough to do, anyone can host it on there machine, just run the .exe file and enter 32 players and call it boards server or Something, it'll show up on the list after a few minutes.

I tested it a while ago and it was easy enough to set up.

Ive a computer running 24/7 at home I can host on if needs be.... can set it up later...

Kills are quite satisfying... good few people with infinite grenades etc out there though....gehy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Gave it a whirl last night, pretty fun though it's full of elitists and hackers. I was kicked off at least 4 servers for not killing enough or was accused of hacking (Guy kept lobbing grenades at me and people thought it was me)

A lot more tuning (Blue text is impossible to read, enemies hanging around spawn points killing everyone, etc) and it could turn out to be real fun. Wasn't entirely sure what the hell I was supposed to be doing at the start but I managed to notch up a good few kills in the end. I like the physics touch, definitely a step away from Minecraft.

The voxel engine is quite strange when you look down at your feet :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I got kicked 3 times because I was hacking apparently. Meh! It's a good game though until the whiners had enough of ya :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I got kicked 3 times because I was hacking apparently. Meh! It's a good game though until the whiners had enough of ya :rolleyes:

Ill set up a server later and promise not to kick you... unless you hack...:rolleyes:

or kill me too much.......... ah no..

I spent about half an hour yesterday capturing a flag. They had built a tower with the flag on top of it with a few branches coming off it. I tunnelled directly underneath the flag and slowly made my way up, replacing any spaces that revealed me with blue ones (colour of the tower). I eventually made it to the top, grabbed the intel and then went back the way I came. They were none the wiser. I can't believe such a simple game gave me such a buzz. I felt like a secret agent deep behind enemy lines!

Any cool things you guys have been doing?

When I was googling looking for info about the game, I found this. I feel like a thief :(

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Looks class. Can't wait to have a go off it when I get home!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

cant wait to give this a whirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

[URL="aos://443434835"]Boards Server[/URL]

Click the link to join the server, I'm not on there at the moment, but I'll keep it open as long as I can and try hop on it when I have time, feel free to use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i tryed it, and i cant play it...

am i the only one who gets motion sickness of it? pixels are huge so when i try to mine or in small tight erea my eyes go crazy....

good idea, just need to wait untill minecraft will inplemenr it...

Boards server doesn't work for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

TiG dedicated server up, 16 player cap, feedback appreciated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Lucutus wrote: »
    TiG dedicated server up, 16 player cap, feedback appreciated.

Server full already?

Aye, lots of brits and germans seemed to dive into it as soon as it was up, don't think I can run multiple copies, which would have been nice.

• Advertisement

lol i was just on this server by chance. I will have to change my name. Increase player cap to 32?

Grimebox wrote: »
    lol i was just on this server by chance. I will have to change my name. Increase player cap to 32?

Deuce, is that you!?

changed to 32 players, couldn't even get onto it myself there...

Any idea why my chat doesn't work? I press T and Y and nothing happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I haven't a clue what i'm at here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Gah, sick of abusive little whiners in some of the servers. At least they have anti-cheat now :rolleyes: Think I'll wait before the heat dies down to play it, or they upgrade their server shtuffs

I hate you Deuce :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

error comes up whenever i try to join the boards one
    version mismatch or map transfer failure

?

Either its full or the servers are under too much load. From what I've been told

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

looks fun but until they stick in an "invert controls" option its pretty much unplayable for me...

• Advertisement

Just played on that server for at least 4 hours. Jesus. Addictive.
    Spent the whole time digging tunnels under blues base but i was always alone :(

Advertisement