Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move over Minecraft... (Ace of Spades)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Cheers for putting up that server lucutus. I'm fully addicted to this game now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Any idea why my chat doesn't work? I press T and Y and nothing happens.
    turn off caps lock (the one you accidently hit) and they should go back to working order. worked for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Doesnt seem to be working for me, every server I try I get "Server Timeout: version mismatch or map transfer fail"

Too busy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,714 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"we're in a box-shaped canyon in the middle of nowhere"

"...oh hey we can dig a way out. gg"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Grimebox wrote: »
    Cheers for putting up that server lucutus. I'm fully addicted to this game now

No worries, just wanted a go myself tbh :) Very enjoyable for what it is, certainly a game that leads to those excellent epic gameplay moments, (I was hunting someone in tunnels and they'd fashioned an elaborate trap to shoot down on me from above, it was quite ingenious!), that make games worth playing.

The server is unstable atm, stays running for 4-5 hours or so then dies but I've applied the server hotfix and I'll check in on it anytime I can to restart it.

If the server.exe had command line arguments for players and servername, or configurable in a config file, then at least I could schedule a check for the process every so often and restart it if needed.

o>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Gonna give this a whirl over the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I haven't been able to join a game since last night. Anyone else having problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kevlar29

Anyone wanna try this[URL="aos://4045752147"] server[/URL] I set up and let me know if it works? I can't seem to connect to it here. The 32887 port is fowarded so I'm not sure if it's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

kevlar29 wrote: »
    Anyone wanna try this[URL="aos://4045752147"] server[/URL] I set up and let me know if it works? I can't seem to connect to it here. The 32887 port is fowarded so I'm not sure if it's just me.

I can't but i haven't been able to connect all day

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kevlar29

Huh. Yeah, the servers are kinda like that. It could just be my server though. I'll leave it running anyway, maybe someone can connect.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Overheal wrote: »
    "we're in a box-shaped canyon in the middle of nowhere"

"...oh hey we can dig a way out. gg"

"Hey, you ever wonder why we're here?" ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    "Hey, you ever wonder why we're here?" ;)

One of life's great mysteries isn't it? Why are we here? I mean, are we the product of some cosmic coincidence? Or is there really a God, watching everything. You know, with a plan for us and stuff. I don't know man, but it keeps me up at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭Doge

I think we need to set up teams, who will actually keep constant communication and help create strategies! Its kind of each man for himself out there atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Lucutus wrote: »
    One of life's great mysteries isn't it? Why are we here? I mean, are we the product of some cosmic coincidence? Or is there really a God, watching everything. You know, with a plan for us and stuff. I don't know man, but it keeps me up at night.

417.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

This game is damn good fun. Can't wait until the server connection issues are gone, and rocket launchers / mortars are introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Played it last night for HOURS. It's really addictive. Something really rewarding about building your own turret in the middle of the map's crossing point and then shooting people. This must be why there are so many wars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

from what I see the pesky greens are the invaders (start off near rivers) and are trying to cature the blue high ground (mountains). :pac:

it would also be cool if you could move the spawns a little closer or choose a spawn sight, front line (near middle of the map) or homebase.

How do I get this started?

I keep getting "server connection failed: It is either full of misconfigured" for every attempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Will be sweet once the servers are sorted. Im sticking to the TIG server despite having a fair amount of griefers, Ive found that if you try logging in every 60 seconds you will eventually get in, but could take 5 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭Doge

Played it last night for HOURS. It's really addictive. Something really rewarding about building your own turret in the middle of the map's crossing point and then shooting people. This must be why there are so many wars.

I didnt stop playing til half 6 this morning! :/

Only up about an hour,

ah well...

there goes my sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Movable spawn points would definitely be good. Maybe a special brick that you can lay, you spawn there until you place another of those bricks elsewhere in another life, or until an enemy destroys the brick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

TPD wrote: »
    Movable spawn points would definitely be good. Maybe a special brick that you can lay, you spawn there until you place another of those bricks elsewhere in another life, or until an enemy destroys the brick.

Tactical Insertions!! :P
    Sounds good though.

Pretty good craic! It's funny hearing digging noises, check your map, no allies around then begin to hunt for the snake tunneling his way towards your base.

It's hilarious digging your way through a hill to come across 3 or 4 lads building defenses, then killing them all in an ambush :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Pretty good craic! It's funny hearing digging noises, check your map, no allies around then begin to hunt for the snake tunneling his way towards your base.

It's hilarious digging your way through a hill to come across 3 or 4 lads building defenses, then killing them all in an ambush :pac:

I was digging towards their flag and suddenly fell through into a cave and landed right beside it. The cave was nicely laid out with a few long windows to shoot out of. All of which were occupied by the enemy team. So I quickly grab the flag, dig out and cover my tracks without them even seeing me. I was giggling away to myself thinking of the moment they turn around and see the prize they were defending is gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

I'm sure this'd be great if I could actually join a server.

Which version are you guys using? 0.26 doesn't work for me but when I use 0.22 I can join but there's no terrain, just the text and a grey background.

EDIT: Nevermind, finally managed to get into a server using IE. It's good, alright. Digging out trenches or tunneling into the green base is quite tense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Good game. Lots of cheating going on though. I've only played maybe 5 games and I've seen people floating through walls, invincible, and just there loads of grenades fell out of nowhere like a bloody carpet bombing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

EGriff wrote: »
    Good game. Lots of cheating going on though. I've only played maybe 5 games and I've seen people floating through walls, invincible, and just there loads of grenades fell out of nowhere like a bloody carpet bombing.

Aye its gameruining. Despite the latest update having anti-cheat controls, I'm doubtful. Fix that, the connection issues and there's a great game waiting behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Even if cheating was solved, there are still plenty of griefers, Im waiting until private servers are released.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Krieg wrote: »
    Even if cheating was solved, there are still plenty of griefers, Im waiting until private servers are released.

Ugh that too, I was building a moate by a river and someone from my own team started destroying everything. Turned out he was playing with some other lads on the other team. Pure crap! This game's an alpha too so it'll only get better :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Pyr0 wrote: »

I spent, about half an hour, literally, making an epic tunnel under their intel. When I finally broke through, I was greeted by 2 grenades :(

Advertisement