Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move over Minecraft... (Ace of Spades)

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Never knew about that B & G thing, pressed B by mistake the other day and died which left me confused

Gave it another shot tonight, the autoclimb isnt a bad feature to have, especially when you spawn on the wrong side of a mountain but you should have to hold a button to activate it. Its impossible to drop into tunnels because of it and the animation at the moment is terrible but that'll hopefully improve in future versions.

Still think the tip is a bit wide, when you can only see someone's head in the distance it tends to block your view a bit. Overall though its better than the last one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

if I do use the sights, i tend to shoot, lower my aim and then aim and shoot again.

I think its ok now and some of the custom maps are great....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

0.50 out, not a big update but noticeably the auto climb has been improved

Playing on this map tonight called Niagara Falls, the river is a massive canyon so bridges are really strategic, good fun

aosv.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Probably mentioned before, but yeah, this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

for anyone coplaing abouyt the sights, you can change them if you have photoshop in the PNG folder in the program files (where you change your name etc...) just be sure to save it as a png file and call it semi and make a copy of the original

my current one ;)
    on a bridge war map that should of been restarted days ago.... just trying out my sight.
    Lm15X.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 miniPhil

Been playing this game for some time now. Had no idea that TIG was a boards.ie server. The newest update is great. There are very few griefers now thanks to team killing and vote kick and some of the custom maps are amazing. The bridge maps tend to get griefed quickly but maps such as the maze or ones based on towns are fantastic. They really add a lot to the game.
    As for all the post about sights Mousey has it right, use a custom one. In the Ace of Spades forums under Maps and Mods there are some great custom sights and textures. Well worth getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭Doge

So has anyone been playing this recently?

Some of the new maps are awesome, and bring a whole new experience and new tactics.

Absolutely loving the Pinpoint one, it's like a true close range combat, and very tense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Love Normandy. Great map for either team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Soooo, anyone still playing this? Just rediscovered it. Great fun in short bursts of 30 mins or so. Up to 0.75 now, good few changes to UI more guns etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Is it just me or is this game far too ugly... why are the guns made of blocks that are different in size to the rest of the world and characters? All blocks should be a uniform size, basic art direction for that style... looks funnish though. And hey, it's free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I saw this appear for sale on Steam last night. Had completely forgotten about since i havent played it since the very early versions. Anyone know if it has improved much? Is it worth getting now?

Advertisement