Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ares PPSh Spring guide

• 14-04-2011 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Hey all! Id like to replace the spring guide on my gun as its just plastic and kinda cheap but dont know what version it is and where i can get one. I dont know if you can even get one as id say they are unique ones! Well any advice would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

From a quick google search it looks like the ARES PPSH uses a Version 7 gearbox...so M14 spring guides should work fine. I am in no way 100% certain of this, but hey I figure it's still worth posting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Ok thanks for that! Yeah i think it is a v7 but it uses a quick spring change system and has like a sort of big allen key hole in the back of the guide. Just thought it might be different to normal v7. Cheers for that! Will buy one and see i suppose! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Have one of these,and the spring guide broke aswell.Its not a v7 gearbox but its ares v7 and not all aparts are compatible.Theres not alot of info around of these so I contacted Ares.I tried other spring guides and they didnt fit due to the small bolt/nut on the guide so I just replaced it with an orginal from Ares.Got stick mags from them too,much nice looking then the drum mag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

My spring guide isnt broke just thought id replace it with a metal bearing one or something if they were available. Yeah im defo gonna get those curved mags when i get the chance. Do they make the gun any lighter as its quite heavy with the drum mag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

My spring guide isnt broke just thought id replace it with a metal bearing one or something if they were available. Yeah im defo gonna get those curved mags when i get the chance. Do they make the gun any lighter as its quite heavy with the drum mag?
    I always say if its not broke don't fix it and that gun isn't the friendliest to work on.Not that much lighter but way more manageable and comfortable to hold

• Advertisement
Advertisement