Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping for a new TV

• 14-04-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a new 40" lcd or led TV.

Does anyone know which stores sells the Philips brand?

I know HN sell Sony and Samsung, but I haven't seen Philips anywhere and they rate very highly in online reviews.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

have u tried argos???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Philips are stocked in harveys but samsung really have knocked them around a bit.

Shop wise you have currys finucanes soundstore panasonic store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭phog

Look no further than FSV, up near Gleeson's Sports Store, great service and prices.

And they're lcoal, which is important these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

phog wrote: »
    Look no further than FSV, up near Gleeson's Sports Store, great service and prices.

And they're lcoal, which is important these days.

+1

And I would not limit myself to Philips. Other brands are just as good if not better. Bought a 42" Toshiba last year and very pleased with it, picture from it is very good. Father has one about 5 years now and no problems with it either. Both bought off the lads in FSV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭mad_shopaholic

bazz26 wrote: »
    +1

And I would not limit myself to Philips. Other brands are just as good if not better. Bought a 42" Toshiba last year and very pleased with it, picture from it is very good. Father has one about 5 years now and no problems with it either. Both bought off the lads in FSV.

+1 for FSV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

make sure you get one that is saorview compatable with the built in digital decoder, alot of the shops are trying to shift the older stuff at cheapish prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

these guys are the main philips suppliers
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105

and they usually give good deals to boards users too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

+1 FOR FSV...they dont stock Philips but personally I would recommend that brand anyway. Stick with Local suppliers as the large chains dont want to know when something goes wrong..

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

steveon wrote: »
    +1 FOR FSV...they dont stock Philips but personally I would recommend that brand anyway. Stick with Local suppliers as the large chains dont want to know when something goes wrong..

I second that I had to send back a faulty printer in a particular shop in Ballysimon and through alot of talking eventually got a replacement put it this way their after sales needs alot to be desired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I know people who were a week over the guaranteed and were turned away by a large number of the large multinationals hence why I always shop local...might be a lil bit more expensive but at least they always do there damnest to keep u informed of the latest techologys and not jsut try and make their commission by getting you to buy any piece of rubbish...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I'd prefer to shop local to be honest but I find sometimes that if you want a particular brand or model, then you may have no option but to get it from the big boys.

The smaller dealers can't be expected to carry the selection and range of the likes of Harvey Norman or Currys.

Will scout around for another week before making a final decision though.

Thanks for all the advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 vinniew09

samsung le40c530 serious tv and most importantly great price

Advertisement