Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Fanpage tips

Options
  • 14-04-2011 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Just found this forum buried deep here on Boards.ie. Some interesting posts and valuable information in it.
    So, here is my question, I hope you can give some pointers.
    Am about to setup a facebook fan page for a business and have done some prelim research online. I noticed there are a few different categories i.e. Brand, Band, Local business etc but I also noticed that each have different options. For example, some dont allow you to post address/location. I figured local business option would be the most relevant but I have seen tutorials where local companies choose not to use the 'local business' category to get more useful options.
    It seems that fb have now included the facility to change category (sorry if wrong term) but I would rather set it up right from the start.
    Our business is an industrial operation with about 6 primary services. These services are our primary keywords/phrases and our target customer is both local(county) and Nationwide, depending on the service.
    I simply want to create a FB presence and get some links to our main site while providing valuable information on the industry and what we do..
    In your experience which category would be best for this business type, allowing me to clearly state our location, the services we offer, and link to our site.
    Many Thanks for any replies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

You haven't told us what your business type is!

However is your a B2B company, Facebook can be a less than optimum social medium. You might be better off concentrating on LinkedIn or Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Thanks - will have a look into getting on those.
    Would still like to put a presence on fb so am still open to advice on the category.
    Business type is industrial/Environmental services. B2B but also some of our services are to Home users.

Advertisement