Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what would you do if wrongly barred from a pub?

Options
  • 14-04-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

I have just come from a pub on the north side, where I was asked to leave, because I was 'too drunk'. I had only had one beer in another pub so I was far from pissed. I think part of the reason is that the bar dude is young and gets jealous if I chat to the female customers as he prefers to be the cock amongst the hens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Just go to another one. There must be about 400 pubs in Dublin. Not worth your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭swordofislam

go back tomorrow and talk to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Go back tomorrow and get barred proper..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

bryaner wrote: »
    Go back tomorrow and get barred proper..;)

is there an official barring ceremony? this is new territory for me.

I am 100% sure that if I went back to the small pub in question and if different staff were there that I would be served no problem or maybe they have a photo of me behind the bar?

the two I met tonight seem to have a grudge against me. its not the first time they treat me like dog doo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

go back tomorrow and talk to someone else.

I am between two stools on this one. one the one hand I would like to know why I was really barred, which would entail talking to the owner. its a pub I like and have been in there about 20 times in the last three months.

on the other hand there are other boozers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Comrade Zed

Being 'asked to leave' is not the same as being barred. When I worked in bars I've refused to serve customers who were obviously drunk, but when they came back the next day I'd have a quiet word with them and leave it at that. On the other hand, I've barred people for violent behaviour towards other customers and members of staff.

The Management has the right to refuse admission, so if you do have a word with the manager, he may back up the barman.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Ask the Queen for some advice :D:D:D

irish_queen_140806_523162a.jpg?w=650

At least they didn't go this extreme :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Name and shame? They might loose customers, if nobody turns up there anymore ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Name and shame? They might loose customers, if nobody turns up there anymore ;)

Well have none of that here ya drunken lout :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Say, what's a guy like you doing in a nice pub like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

You got barred for chatting to women? what were your doing or saying? You never know, it may have been for you own good, Women = Trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Yadda Yadda...blast with piss... yadda yadda....burn the pub down...yadda yadda....pics or gtfo:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Go back and if you are barred and they won't give a reason, just go to somewhere else with causing trouble. If they do give a reason, try to explain why (if you were in the wrong).

It could honestly have been he thought you were fairly drunk and wanted you to leave or any number of fair reasons. If he was being a pri*k, just leave and enjoy a better pub. One day he'll annoy the wrong guy and get a punch for his troubles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

what is this I don't even

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement