Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish drivers license in Boston

Options
  • 14-04-2011 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hey. I am wondering if I hire a car in Boston is having an Irish license enough or do I need something else like the International drivers permit? If anyone has experience of this or can advise me it would be great. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

No an Irish Licence is perfectly fine. I've hired cars from Boston around 8 or 9 times now and no prob.

I've always rented through www.novacarhire.com (No affil based in Killorglin) they use Alamo but are always cheaper than going to Alamo's direct website and give you an all-in price.

Thats my trupence worth. Have a great time. Boston/New England is Great !

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭kdobey

I think you can drive for 90 days on a non-US licence. After that you need to get a local one. (not sure on the period but pretty sure there is a limit of that kind)

Advertisement