Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Mercedes 608 camper for sale

• 15-04-2011 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

have had this bus for the last three years, and have had lots of great trips in it.
    The history of the bus is that I bought it as a shell from someone who had all the bodywork
    and mechanics done, and a fresh respray. I kitted it out as a camper and have traveled around all
    the festivals the last few summers. The bus is a 1994 with a strong engine, no leaks, knocks, rattles,
    never overheated, never broken down. At the moment the starter motor is on the way out and needs to be replaced
    but thats the only thing Ive ever had to do since I bought it. I put the bus through an MOT last year, which is not required by law
    and it passed with flying colours, the mechanic said it was the best vehicle hes ever seen of that age, and obviously been well maintained.
    It was a town bus in its past which meant it was serviced regularly and always looked after.

I cannot get a good shot of the shower room at the moment as its its full of boxes but
    you can see from the pic that there is one there. It includes a gas water heater, and a full domestic
    shower tray. Also through the rear door(where the shower room is) there is access
    to a storage area under the double bed, where I keep my bike. Basically under the double bed
    half the width is a single bed, and the other half is storgae(perfect size for a bike).

In the main part of the bus there is a double bed, with single below,
    then there is a dining area with loads of storage under the seats. On
    the other side is the kitchen, with plumbed water and sink. I had been
    using a portable stove, but can put in a permanant one handy enough,
    under there is again lots of stoage.

The Floor is made from solid oak, and the rest of the bus is cladded
    in tongue and groove, with lots of kingspan insulation behind.
    There is spotlights running the length of the bus all powered by a
    leisure battery which lasts a few days without charging(it charges off
    the main battery when engine is running).
    There is also a connection for external power, or a generator.

I have yet to fit a wood burner, I took a pic of the space left for it
    to go in. You can get one fitted by a chap in Kinsale for about 250.
    Never got a chance to get down to him.
    I'm sure prospective buyers will have lots of questions so fire them over.

The bus was originally imported to Ireland from the UK, so if it returns there is no import charge. It is currently on irish plates

please p.m me for contact details.

thumbnmail.png
    img0931k.th.jpg
    img0947mh.th.jpg
    img0944su.th.jpg
    img0941s.th.jpg
    img0940i.th.jpg
    img0938du.th.jpg
    img0935va.th.jpg
    img0933rr.th.jpg
    img0929hl.th.jpg
    img0928cv.th.jpg