Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STOLEN STAFFORSHIRE BULL TERRIER CLONDALKIN AREA!!!

• 14-04-2011 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Stolen staffy from outside The Mill in Clondalkin today ( Wednesday 13th of april)
    He's a brindle, male.

If any 1 hears of him or see hims please pm me. He's friends dog and is missed teribly

buster.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

oh god, every time I see a dog tied up outside the mill I worry something like that will happen... I'll keep an eye out OP, hope there's good news soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

hopefully OP you will find your doggy, fingers crosed. but why do ppl leave dogs tied up outside shops is beyond me esp dogs like this which can easily fall into the wrong hands

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

hopefully OP you will find your doggy, fingers crosed. but why do ppl leave dogs tied up outside shops is beyond me esp dogs like this which can easily fall into the wrong hands

Exactly. Cannot understand this either, would never do this with my fella. I live in clondalkin and am often in the park and driving around, does he have any distinguishing features, how old is he?

Have you tried contacting the dog warden? I know it is a long shot but I have heard of people having their dogs taken by the warden when they're tied up outside shops for not being under effective control and with him being resticted, if a warden did see him, he might not have taken kindly to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Who on earth ties a dog up outside a shop? :confused:

Im afraid to leave my dogs in my back garden let alone tied up outside a shop.

Poor dog.

Maybe try the local pound and vets and see if he has been handed in, but if he has been stolen the chances are he wont be seen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Just make sure it's been reported to the Gardai & warden. Contact the DSPCA as well, as it's quite common for stolen dogs to escape or be abandoned and handed in there.

It would be worth finding out where the nearest halting sites are (with 2km of the shopping centre) and taking a spin around them every second evening for a week or two.

Also any cctv in the area he was taken from?

Just checked with the pound, no staffie in yesterday and owner has been in contact with her details in case he's picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭TaraR

He's not one of mine he is a friends dog. Security wont let them see any videos without a statement from the gara and they said they can do nothing!!! No luck in pounds or shelters! He is chipped but its no use unless someone nice brings him in which i doubt...

Tell her to go higher up the chain. Surely the Gardai are supposed to take allegations of theft seriously?

She also needs to get lots of posters up to make it as uncomfortable for someone who has him to hold onto him. Offering a reward also works in these circumstances too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Toulouse wrote: »
    Offering a reward also works in these circumstances too.
    I know a lot of people recommend that you don't, but in reality this can be quite effective. Don't specify the amount, just mention a cash reward.

One trick which I know has worked for people in the past is to go into dodgy estates and/or halting sites with the poster and picture of the dog, find some local kids and tell them that there's €50 in it for them if they find your dog. Then the kids "find" the dog and ring the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

Seamus' suggestion is worth trying definitely.

My friends dog was taken by travellers (the family knew they had taken her) and they went in with a pic and said there was a cash reward. An hour later they had the dog back!

Hope you find him OP he's lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I'm with andreac on this - what responsible ownder leaves a dog tied up outside a shop? Although I dont see any mention of this being the case from what the OP posted.
    Also, for what its worth, don't necessarily jump to the conclusion that its travellers. I know their reputation, but there are plenty of other unsavoury characters out there who might take a dog like him:( By all means check the sites, but dont concentrate solely on them. And also remember that stolen dogs are often not kept in their own areas for long but are moved to other parts of the country, so get the message out in as many ways as you can. Best of luck and keep us posted:)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

Shazanne wrote: »
    I'm with andreac on this - what responsible ownder leaves a dog tied up outside a shop? Although I dont see any mention of this being the case from what the OP posted.
    Also, for what its worth, don't necessarily jump to the conclusion that its travellers. I know their reputation, but there are plenty of other unsavoury characters out there who might take a dog like him:( By all means check the sites, but dont concentrate solely on them. And also remember that stolen dogs are often not kept in their own areas for long but are moved to other parts of the country, so get the message out in as many ways as you can. Best of luck and keep us posted:)

Seamus is dead right. If nothing else the traveller kids offer an eyes and ears solution. A lot of 'settlers' try their luck with commodities hoping the 'travellers' will pay cash, when there's actually a lot more 'settlers' looking for said commodities - whatever they may be. No harm trying the halting sites as much as there's no harm trying the local supervalu.

Hope he turns up Tara - I know how much you effort you put into your pack.

Hopefully all ends well.

Again the dog in question is not mine BUT A FRIENDS :)

They have been doing everything they can to find this dog! Any Info would be great help ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

The dirty swines :mad: in fairness they shouldnt have left the dog there of all places either :(. i'm only across the road from it now so i'll keep a look out for it as i'm out everyday walking my fella :)

Still missing, :( BUMP

He has been found :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Brilliant, thanks for letting us know

Great news TaraR - where and how? I'm delighted for you:)

• Advertisement

Shazanne wrote: »
    Great news TaraR - where and how? I'm delighted for you:)

The person who stole him, sold him to a fella in Tallaght! He seen all the posters and rang up , :D

Thank God there's some honest and caring people out there! Imagine stealing someones pet to sell it - monster:mad:

Ah fair play to him for getting in contact! Delighted he's back, that's brilliant.

His owners are over the moon ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

TaraR wrote: »
    His owners are over the moon ;):D

Mind letting us know how much the fella in Tallaght 'paid' for the dog, and if the owners reimbursed him this money?

pH wrote: »
    Mind letting us know how much the fella in Tallaght 'paid' for the dog, and if the owners reimbursed him this money?

He did get a reward! Not sure on the amount.

He did get a reward! Not sure on the amount.

Given that there are many Staffies being pts in Ireland on a daily basis, I'm wondering how much a random adult "staffie" is worth to "a fella from Tallaght", given that many rescues have a page full of then.

Can you find out how much was paid?

I dont see why its neccesary to know how much the reward was ? All that matters is that he is home safe & sound!

I dont see why its neccesary to know how much the reward was ? All that matters is that he is home safe & sound!

I've no interest in the amount of the reward, I'd like to know how much this "fella in Tallaght" paid the dog-thief.

It's mainly because every "stolen dog" story I've ever tried to question details about always melted away into hand-waiving very quickly.

I'm genuinely interested in how much was paid to a dog-thief for an adult staffie in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Personally I feel that there is no need to broadcast such information. The main thing is that this particular dog has been returned safely and that is what this thread was all about. Giving out such information may lead to others getting ideas about stealing animals for profit and that is certainly not something to be encouraged.
    I think Ph that if you want this information you should source it elsewhere.

Advertisement