Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STOLEN STAFFORSHIRE BULL TERRIER CLONDALKIN AREA!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I think the implication pH is heading towards is that the 'fella from tallaght' is the one who in fact stole the dog and decided to offload it quickly when he saw how much publicity the owners raised around the dog, and concocted a story about buying it from the original thief to ensure he wouldn't be in trouble (and got reimbursed for his purchase besides).

Either way the dog's home and the owners probably won't leave it tied up outside any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

pH wrote: »
    I've no interest in the amount of the reward, I'd like to know how much this "fella in Tallaght" paid the dog-thief.

It's mainly because every "stolen dog" story I've ever tried to question details about always melted away into hand-waiving very quickly.

I'm genuinely interested in how much was paid to a dog-thief for an adult staffie in Dublin.
    I think the implication pH is heading towards is that the 'fella from tallaght' is the one who in fact stole the dog and decided to offload it quickly when he saw how much publicity the owners raised around the dog, and concocted a story about buying it from the original thief to ensure he wouldn't be in trouble (and got reimbursed for his purchase besides).

Either way the dog's home and the owners probably won't leave it tied up outside any more.
    Sweeper,i lost my dog while out walking 5 months ago for 3 weeks....... she is a pedigree and a mad friendly thing,a fairly valuable Bitch.

But i advertised her missing everywhere,paid for adverts on Local radio etc a few times.eventually i got her back,as like you said,I felt the person who had hold of my dog was made aware that the warden,the cops and others were aware of her missing so eventually i got a call and she was returned,with a new lead:cool: without a demand made for the reward,however i was so gratefull that i gave the lad 50euro i was so happy to have her returned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Shazanne wrote: »
    Personally I feel that there is no need to broadcast such information. The main thing is that this particular dog has been returned safely and that is what this thread was all about. Giving out such information may lead to others getting ideas about stealing animals for profit and that is certainly not something to be encouraged.
    I think Ph that if you want this information you should source it elsewhere.

The famous one is robbing the animal and then pretending to buy it or find it and then get paid for returning it.Some people are pure evil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

In fairness I can see what PH is implying. Staffies are very hard to rehome, never mind sell that quickly.

I'm delighted the dog is home safe and sound. I'd say the owner is delighted. I can only imagine the worry they went through!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

caseyann wrote: »
    The famous one is robbing the animal and then pretending to buy it or find it and then get paid for returning it.Some people are pure evil.

Really? That's terrible - I'm obviously very naive in these matters. But, on reflection, I can see how it could work for these people.
    My point to PH was that broadcasting such matters regarding money might just give people ideas. Obviously they have these ideas already:(

• Advertisement

Shazanne wrote: »
    Really? That's terrible - I'm obviously very naive in these matters. But, on reflection, I can see how it could work for these people.
    My point to PH was that broadcasting such matters regarding money might just give people ideas. Obviously they have these ideas already:(

Yeah they found an operation such as that in sally gap etc.. areas.Stealing dogs and pretending they were found and collect the rewards.
    Yes unfortunately they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭TaraR

It could have been , that this person was the one who stole him in the first first place, The owners didnt care who it was aslong as they got their pooch back :)

TaraR wrote: »
    It could have been , that this person was the one who stole him in the first first place, The owners didnt care who it was aslong as they got their pooch back :)

Ofc you wouldnt care so long as your pet was safe :) Cant prove it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm so glad to hear he turned up! I saw a poster at the Mill the other day and just thought to check this thread :)

Advertisement