Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online backup solution request.

• 14-04-2011 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for a backup from site-to-online that does a decent amount of storage,easy GUI,backup/restore at file/folder level .

I have cca 50Gb of data,want to run a full once per week,on friday,then daily changed files running on monday to thursday.

Also,restoring,i would like to be able to restore a single file/folder and not the whole backup set...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Boskonay

Look at something simple like ahsay running on a cloud. You should pay maybe 20-30 euro a month for 50gb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

I found something "tempting" on local Irish market,with Irish datacenters...a reseller package for 300GB at €75...the issue is no trial version and no documentation !
    Is pay and take it...if you like it or not !!

25c a Gb is too cheap if it's a managed backup service with proper San storage, etc.

You can buy cloud storage for that price in Ireland allright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

KeepITSafe.ie -- Really good service. Honestly, we love them over here.

I don't work for them in any way but I do love the service. I think guys here would freak out if I took it away. You honestly dont have to worry about your backups anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

KeepITSafe.ie -- Really good service. Honestly, we love them over here.

I don't work for them in any way but I do love the service. I think guys here would freak out if I took it away. You honestly dont have to worry about your backups anymore.

Agreed very good service. We do a lot of work with them.

• Advertisement

You can also install your own Ahsay server on an IAAS cloud and run the backup platform yourself (same solution all the backup guys use).

Just thinking out loud but I saw a backup solution which uses the amazon cloud recently.. If I dig it up I'll add a link. I still prefer a managed solution so I've someone to shout at when things go wrong ;)

Thanks...
    i've found THEM and the prices and solution looks very tempting..especially,the "white label service",very handy for resellers ! Also,sales and technical training !
    The bad thing is that do not have a trial of some sort...

Keepitsafe they are not Irish based,all is managed from UK ...called them and waiting for a reply,with some in depth info.

me again...i've found "always sync" nice utility for replication and mirroring AND...

-is doing SFTP -> as i have an unlimited account with GoDaddy and it supports SFTP...way to go ??

-has access built-in for offsitebox.com -> https://offsitebox.com/pricing.aspx -> 50Gb for less than €15 per month !
    Also,gives you file access direct from web browser if ever need to restore it or see it !!!

-checked Amazon S3 -> http://aws.amazon.com/s3/#pricing ... quite confussing ,data charges in ,data charges outs , copy , gets and so on...any help on this one ?

thanks in advance...

s3 can be quite complex and hard to predict, it's also an 'object store' rather than a disk.

It really depends on what you want to do.

Outsource to a backup company if you want to pay a premium to not be responsible for the backups.

Get a server / storage in the cloud and run rsync / insert option here, if you can do it yourself, and you'll pay a fraction.

One consideration is the data you are backing up - can it leave the Irish jurisdiction? Either way, go with an option that includes backups on the server / san side too.

• Advertisement

thanks...called twice KeepITSafe,sent emails...nothing yet... onlu a call promissing more infos,nothing in my "junk folder"...dunno...

yes,that is my problem currently,as i need to be a Irish based datacenter !
    regards.

I think keepitsafe are UK based?

Irish based, with at least one datacenter in Dublin, if not two.

Some lads from Trinity Dublin set it up originally

Possible...they have cut the people,moved to UK more than likely... called them 4 days ago and no reply since...
    'Fair play' to them,i will go somewhere else...very happy with their service so far...

Thats a pity. There's no excuse for bad service.

You could also try Savenet.ie we also use them for some sites. No problems with them either by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭johnmd

Just do a quick search in google for online backup.
    Lots of providers in there from the cheapest to the most expensive.

PS.I sell this stuff for a living.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

yeah i use them too, last i checked their datacenters are dublin based as is their support. But i do know they merged with someone recently

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭johnmurph01

Keepitsafe were bought out last year by J2 Global Communication inc. Their data stores are in Dublin.

I use a hosting provider for my ahsay backup. Also Dublin based so handy. Daily backup reports etc etc. Covered all bases really and pay about 25 / month for 50Gb

no probs so far

Advertisement