Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Switchover - UTV Region (DigitalUK)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

Any sign of the NIMM?
    None yet. Very busy ATM between video transferring, encoding and uploading alongside watching multiplexes light up!

Edit - E24, E27 and E30 (the NIMM) have just lit up!

All seven multiplexes now lit up at Brougher!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Schintzel

Still nothing from Divis :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

CH49 (ARQB) full power from Limavady

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭mrdtv2010

Schintzel wrote: »
    Still nothing from Divis :mad:

Constantly retuning on minitv and have FreeviewHD box in background: interesting Limavady and Brougher brought up first....

• Advertisement

icom wrote: »
    CH49 (ARQB) full power from Limavady

Reception report?

Divis on air UTV

E21: C/N 32.4dB

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Schintzel

D3+4 just up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Ch 21 from Divis active. Signal strength 95%, quality 100%, C/N 27.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Have HD channels from Brougher BBCB now:

Pre FEC: 5e-2 Post FEC: 0 C/N: 36 better than I expected for 256qam.

No sign of D3+4 might need to widen scan?

• Advertisement

paddyp wrote: »
    Have HD channels from Brougher BBCB now:

Pre FEC: 5e-2 Post FEC: 0 C/N: 36 better than I expected for 256qam.

No sign of D3+4 might need to widen scan?

Impressive. Monitoring Divis E24 now: still inactive

Correction:HD LIVE!!!!

E24: 24.4db C/N (known fault on ican meter, check Sony TV AM.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

mrdtv2010 wrote: »
    Impressive. Monitoring Divis E24 now: still inactive

Correction:HD LIVE!!!!

Is UTV HD there?

As expected. And BBCHD carrying 1080i testcard as expected.

UTVHD live also.

Ch 24 from Divis. SS: 96%, SQ: 100%, C/N: 24 to 25 (Dundalk). HD channels successfully stored on a sony ex524 with country set to Ireland.

RTE direct from Belfast. C/N: 17.4 dB

Best ever off-air pictures in Belfast.

LCNs:

51:TG4
    52:RTE1
    53:RTE2

Arqiva have got the accents right in the EPG!

SDN, Arqiva A&B and NIMM multiplexes have temporarily gone off air at Brougher.

Edit - all back on, seems like a switching break.

Will look at technical details shortly.

Ch 23 from Divis now up. SS: 96%, SQ: 89 to 95%, C/N: 23 to 24 (Dundalk). First of the COM muxes at 50 KW isn't it?

E29:31.1dB
    E26:30.8dB
    E23:33,6dB

Virtually identical to PSB muxes

Divis ch 26. SS: 93%, SQ: 99-100%, C/N: 25. (Dundalk).

Ch 29: SS: 93%, SQ: 30-35%, C/N: 17.

I'd blame the poor SQ and C/N figures on ch 29 as a result of analogue interference from Three Rock also on 29. Should be alright hopefully after the 10am ASO. Picture on ch 29 is steady at the moment though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Excellent results here too at my location a few miles from Balbriggan high up, 34dB Triax masthead amp then amplified to the kitchen by a two way 16.8dB distribution amp shows signal quality on the Goodmans GDB300HD made by Harvard of 99% and signal strenght of 100% and 100 stations tuned in from Divis, perfect reception. I am also receiving the N.I. Mini mux. :D:) 17% quality, strenght 42% and I haven't aligned the aerial for signal optimising yet. :D The Mini mux is from the nearby Black Mountain Transmitter by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

What frequency is the mini mux on from Divis? All else working great here in Armagh even the relay working well ahead of estimated time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Paddy C wrote: »
    What frequency is the mini mux on from Divis? All else working great here in Armagh even the relay working well ahead of estimated time!

It's not on Divis, but is 39 from Black Mountain (where ch5 used to broadcast from). Also 48 from Carnmoney Hill.

So E26 is the weaker Multiplex and when I align my aerial to get the best signal on that then I will have the best averages for each Multiplex? There probably is only a couple of centimetres difference between the mast array anyway so it will make very little difference. :D:) The old SD Sagem Picnic Box has a weaker tuner than my other more modern receivers but is good for alignment along with an Engineer's compass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

No mini mux for Armagh but full Saorview should be here from lunchtime.

FREETV wrote: »
    Excellent results here too at my location a few miles from Balbriggan high up, 34dB Triax masthead amp then amplified to the kitchen by a two way 16.8dB distribution amp shows signal quality on the Goodmans GDB300HD made by Harvard of 99% and signal strenght of 100% and 100 stations tuned in from Divis, perfect reception. I am also receiving the N.I. Mini mux. :D:) 17% quality, strenght 42% and I haven't aligned the aerial for signal optimising yet. :D The Min imux is from the nearby Black Mountain Transmitter by the way.

Are you getting ch 29 from Divis? Any interference from Three Rock?

Richard wrote: »
    It's not on Divis, but is 39 from Black Mountain (where ch5 used to broadcast from). Also 48 from Carnmoney Hill.
    It will probably be received in Meath also, my old folks in Trim will be very pleased with reception from both Divis and Black Mountain. :D:)

Divis ch 26. SS: 93%, SQ: 99-100%, C/N: 25. (Dundalk).

Ch 29: SS: 93%, SQ: 30-35%, C/N: 17.

I'd blame the poor SQ and C/N figures on ch 29 as a result of analogue interference from Three Rock also on 29. Should be alright hopefully after the 10am ASO. Picture on ch 29 is steady at the moment though.

I didn't check my other receivers for Channel 29 yet but I expect that you are correct and it will give similar results to the other Ch numbers after 10am. Happy days for everyone who receives overspill Freeview from N.I. :) Edit, Channel 29 goes from very good to zero signal so still bad interference from Three Rock analogue until it is switched off at 10am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Still not a sausage for D3&4 from Brougher which is odd considering I have C/N 42 for BBCA and C/N 36 for BBCB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 geriatrix

OK from Limavady except there are HD channels. Should be on CH55. Manual scan indicates no signal.
    Should we expect the HD channels today?

FULL RE-SCAN AND HD CHANNELS FOUND 101 - 104

Advertisement