Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Switchover - UTV Region (DigitalUK)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Souriau wrote: »
    UK Freeview LCN update

Where are these PDF's on the Digital UK website? I can't find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

Where are these PDF's on the Digital UK website? I can't find them.
    I'm not sure but it is sent out via email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

I'm not sure but it is sent out via email

Is there an email list you can join to receive them? You can PM me if you want. Thanks.

BBC Three HD, 105, and CBBC HD, 73, have been added to BBC HD Mux.
    Both will be on air soon,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

BBC Three HD, 105, and CBBC HD, 73, have been added to BBC HD Mux

You mean a placeholder has been added to the EPG? Isn't that all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

And they have been added to the Freeview Lite transmitters too, as they will be the only BBC channels launching in HD for everyone apart from BBC ONE and BBC TWO. Any other channels, including BBC NEWS HD, BBC FOUR HD and any of the Channel 4 family going HD will only be on main transmitters.

BBC 3/CBBC HD hasn't 'added' anything to any transmitter. It's just a change in the BBC B mux. that every transmitter already carries.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Mr. Rabbit

Peter Rhea wrote: »

Yep, I think that's what he means Peter. These will be broadcast on the current HD mux and will therefore be available on all Freeview Light transmitters.

Other HD channels are planned for early next year although only from Divis. As far as I'm aware, they're currently testing on the Crystal Palace transmitter.

ITV3+1 has also started on LCN 63

Yes, that is what I mean as I said "Both will be on air soon," as stated on the screen.

Mr. Rabbit wrote: »
    Other HD channels are planned for early next year although only from Divis.

This Arqiva press release from a couple of weeks ago, announcing the availability of Al Jazeera English HD (on 1 of the 'interim' muxes) mentions, 'coverage in all nations, in time for Christmas'.

• Advertisement

This Arqiva press release from a couple of weeks ago, announcing the availability of Al Jazeera English HD (on 1 of the 'interim' muxes) mentions, 'coverage in all nations, in time for Christmas'.

Indeed Peter, but only Divis. No Brougher Mountain or Limavady.

The new temporary HD multiplexes will only broadcast from Divis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Roscotaner

Hi All, my neighbours who still had their rooftop,uk terrestrial aerials in the Carrick-on-Shannon area are getting very good reception of NI Multiplexes..Can anyone tell me if there are any aerials available that could give this level of reception without needing to be installed as high above roof level as the older ones?

Roscotaner wrote: »
    ..Can anyone tell me if there are any aerials available that could give this level of reception without needing to be installed as high above roof level as the older ones?

A satellite dish?

Smartarsery aside, & assuming quality components of the necessary spec. are in use then no, there is no aerial that can compensate for being placed where the necessary signal is not available.

Sky Text, LCN 206, is no longer available on Freeview

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭kooga

is UTV HD up and running?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

Already has been since 24th October 2012.

If you're referring to satellite, it is still testing and should be added to the Sky and Freesat EPG's at some stage today.

Paddy C wrote: »
    Already has been since 24th October 2012.

If you're referring to satellite, it is still testing and should be added to the Sky and Freesat EPG's at some stage today.

Yep, UTV HD is now on Channel 103 on Sky. SD version has moved to 178.

Also on Freesat Channel 119.

Thus far, no UTV+1 on satellite.

Have anyone got Youview PVR?
    what is it like compare to Humax HDR-Fox T2?

Anyone in NI have Humax YouView?
    Either BT YouView or retail YouView?
    Can you let me know if UTV Player work on YouView

TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Does Youview have Saorview stations on it?

Does Youview have Saorview stations on it?
    I have ordered a contract BT Youview PVR for £5/m with a free box
    I will let you know when I get it and if Saorview is also on the EPG.
    New Humax Youview PVR from retail cost £199 while with BT just the activate fee of £39.99 and the monthly cost of £5/m and after 12 month I can stop the service and the PVR is mine to keep, saving me £100

I have ordered a contract BT Youview PVR for £5/m with a free box
    I will let you know when I get it and if Saorview is also on the EPG.
    New Humax Youview PVR from retail cost £199 while with BT just the activate fee of £39.99 and the monthly cost of £5/m and after 12 month I can stop the service and the PVR is mine to keep, saving me £100

I would imagine the Saorview stations will be in the 800's but with no backward/catch up EPG, similar to other Freeview stations that aren't part of Youview.

Must check that BT offer out.

Mr. Rabbit wrote: »
    I would imagine the Saorview stations will be in the 800's but with no backward/catch up EPG, similar to other Freeview stations that aren't part of Youview.

I wonder if TG4, RTE1 and RTE2 via NIMM will have catchup?

I had set up my Humax PVR to record a program on BBC next week via the EPG.
    When I press to record the progam, then another menu pop up asking if I want to record BBC Three SD on 7 or BBC Three HD on 105.
    Look like BBC Three HD will be onair next Tuesday

I add some pics to show recording from EPG

I had set up my Humax PVR to record a program on BBC next week via the EPG.
    When I press to record the progam, then another menu pop up asking if I want to record BBC Three SD on 7 or BBC Three HD on 105.
    Look like BBC Three HD will be onair next Tuesday

I add some pics to show recording from EPG

Indeed, Freeview EPG info on 105 shows BBC Three HD starts on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭SRB

Yes, Saorview channels appear on the YouView box, in the 800's and in mux order rather than logical channel order (RTE1 and RTE2 are not next to each other) also there are issues recording anything on them. If you set a recording on a Saorview mux and then watch a Freeview mux it'll fail to record. Likewise, if you are watching any Saorview channels, it'll fail any Freeview recordings. It's a known issue with the way the box handles booked recordings. Has caused problems in the UK with Freeview Lite and Main TX's. If people are using more than one TX the box will fail to record anything booked on a different TX from the one you are watching. I gave up using mine and went back to the BT Vision box, no issues with recording Saorview on it. UTV player doesn't appear on YouView though UTV HD does, UTV HD doesn't appear on BT Vision as it's HD channels are IP channels and the London versions of 1,2 and 4. Youview has no catch up on the NI MiniMux channels.

SRB wrote: »
    I gave up using mine and went back to the BT Vision box, no issues with recording Saorview on it. UTV player doesn't appear on YouView though UTV HD does, UTV HD doesn't appear on BT Vision as it's HD channels are IP channels and the London versions of 1,2 and 4. Youview has no catch up on the NI MiniMux channels.
    Can BT Vision+ still be order from BT?
    Is that the black Pace version? what size is the hard drive on it?
    I know this box can view BT Sport with a viewing card from BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

SRB wrote: »
    Yes, Saorview channels appear on the YouView box, in the 800's and in mux order rather than logical channel order (RTE1 and RTE2 are not next to each other) also there are issues recording anything on them. If you set a recording on a Saorview mux and then watch a Freeview mux it'll fail to record. Likewise, if you are watching any Saorview channels, it'll fail any Freeview recordings. It's a known issue with the way the box handles booked recordings. Has caused problems in the UK with Freeview Lite and Main TX's. If people are using more than one TX the box will fail to record anything booked on a different TX from the one you are watching. I gave up using mine and went back to the BT Vision box, no issues with recording Saorview on it. UTV player doesn't appear on YouView though UTV HD does, UTV HD doesn't appear on BT Vision as it's HD channels are IP channels and the London versions of 1,2 and 4. Youview has no catch up on the NI MiniMux channels.

Exactly same recording problem with my Sony Freeview HD Recorder. Ended up manually recording from both Freeview and Saorview. AFAIK the Panasonic Freeview HD PVR does not have this problem but I haven't seen one in operation yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TAFKAlawhec

Not something that directly affects any viewers but there has been a fairly recent change at network level - the Strabane relay now relays the PSB multiplexes from Brougher Mountain. Previously it was a relay off Limavady. This was noted in documents during DSO in 2012 as a planned change post-switch over, presumably the UHF link to Strabane from Limavady was calculated to be subject to higher levels of interference than had been the case in the analogue era, and would not be acceptable in the long term.

Strabane is now part of the Brougher Mountain transmitter group along with six other relay sites that source their reception from Strabane - Castlederg, Claudy, Glenelly Valley, Gortnalee, Muldonagh & Plumbridge.

Advertisement