Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First record U bought!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Single - The Undertones "You've Got My Number" - from around 1978(?)
    Album - Outlandos D'Amour - The Police

Roxanne - surely one of the best singles of the 70s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

First one I bought was Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys. It is still one of my favourites (not the 45 rpm that I first bought).

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BIG BAD JOHN

Goodbye, Cruel World by James Darren - 1961, I think. It cost the equivalent of 33p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Goodbye, Cruel World by James Darren - 1961, I think. It cost the equivalent of 33p.

I actually have that somewhere on tape. Not sure where it is mind you, but I am sure it is around somewhere.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Single - 'Devil Gate Drive' - Suzi Quatro (65p as I recall)
    Album - 'Abba' - Abba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted -Jimmy Ruffin , 1968 one of the great soul tracks . Still have it in the attic somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

I can't remember,I think it was Frankie goes to hollywood.
    My first post on here, the cheek of me! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Hiya ruthloss, welcome to senior infants. Frankie goes to hollywood....let's see, 2012, take away 1983, equals.....29 years ago. Why, that's only yesterday! :eek: So you're going to be the cheeky kid then? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

Hi Jelly1, nice to be here.
    I'll just lurk for a while. and pretend to be all coy, O.K?
    .:o

:) Lurk away. We have a Lurker's Lounge here somewhere, we've all been in it at some stage but one by one we dipped our toes in and we all seem to have survived. See you around the threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

T.Rex's Electric Warrior, £2.25 in Pat Egan's Sound Cellar, 1971. Still sounds wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tj2011

Hermans Hermits-40p, only because I was a kid with 40p and a second hand record player that my dad had got but no records...lol

tj2011 wrote: »
    Hermans Hermits-40p, only because I was a kid with 40p and a second hand record player that my dad had got but no records...lol

Which song?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,742 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There's a kind of hush....I'm into something good...ahhhhhhh nostalgia!

looksee wrote: »
    There's a kind of hush....I'm into something good...ahhhhhhh nostalgia!

Ah yes, I have that 45!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tj2011

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Which song?
    Was an album called "There's a kind of hush all over the world"
    Think its still in my dads attic...lol First single was Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones

I never took to old 'rubber lips' meself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

First album I ever bought was "Aqualung" by Jethro Tull, and to be honest it is still the best album I have ever bought...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I really wanna get meself a better player!!!! (One like I had in the 80s) the one i have now has NO BASS,TREBLE controls and stuff doesnt sound AS GOOD AS IT COULD :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Cliff Richard " the young Ones" Nowadays probably anything by "Coldplay"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭thecommietommy

Rainbow Rising, as you can guess, I'm a life long hard rock/metal fan :) Also into Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Queen etc :)

RainbowRainbowRising.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Iggy Pop

First single - I'm the leader of the gang - Gary Glitter
    First albulm - Disguise in love - John Cooper Clarke

As mentioned previously, the top 20 on BBC2 on Sunday at 6.00 and Top of the Pops were the highlights of the week. I still have a few tapes I made with a cassette player and microphone from the telly with audible mutterings from the parents. :D

Some great memories here: http://www.everyhit.com/retros/index.php?page=rchart&y1=1973&m1=07&y2=1973&m2=07&sent=1&day1=3&day2=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

Iggy Pop wrote: »
    First single - I'm the leader of the gang - Gary Glitter
    First albulm - Disguise in love - John Cooper Clarke

As mentioned previously, the top 20 on BBC2 on Sunday at 6.00 and Top of the Pops were the highlights of the week. I still have a few tapes I made with a cassette player and microphone from the telly with audible mutterings from the parents. :D

Some great memories here: http://www.everyhit.com/retros/index.php?page=rchart&y1=1973&m1=07&y2=1973&m2=07&sent=1&day1=3&day2=3

In the sixties I used to tape John Peel sessions on a reel to reel tape recorder which cost me a fortune.

Worst thing was the tape deteriorated over time and are inaudible now:(

Thanks for the link, nice site.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Berckoise

Got a recordplayer for my 15th or 16th birthday and bought an Edith Piaf LP! Can't decide if I was precocious or pretentious but she's still one of my all-time favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Berckoise wrote: »
    Got a recordplayer for my 15th or 16th birthday and bought an Edith Piaf LP! Can't decide if I was precocious or pretentious but she's still one of my all-time favourites.

Did you ever have any regrets about buying that LP?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Berckoise

Not a one! Either I'm consistent or haven't improved at all at all in 50+ years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Michael Jackson - Bad

Can't remember how much it cost but it was on tape rather than record, never had a record player sadly and most of my early music was on cassette.

Still a great album and arguably his last decent release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Not a one! Either I'm consistent or haven't improved at all at all in 50+ years :D

I thought you might have answered non, je ne regrette rien :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

My first 12" single was this ...

My first 12" album was this ...
    ultimaterave.JPG

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Non, je ne regrette rien

There, fyp :)

Advertisement