Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

templebar D8

Options
  • 15-04-2011 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

What does the D8 represent if someone says they are located at templebar D8, im asking because isnt temple bar in D2 or D1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pimlico

Well it would mean Dublin 8, however this would be a gross exaggeration of the boundries of Temple Bar. Temple Bar is entirely in Dublin 2, as far west as Essex St, and at a push Fishamble st, whic is still D2, but leads onto D8 (Christchurch Place, High St etc..)

I would say someone using Temple Bar as D8 are lettinga property in or aorund the Christchurch part of Dublin 8 and are trying to emphasise its Central position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Pimlico wrote: »
    Well it would mean Dublin 8, however this would be a gross exaggeration of the boundries of Temple Bar. Temple Bar is entirely in Dublin 2, as far west as Essex St, and at a push Fishamble st, whic is still D2, but leads onto D8 (Christchurch Place, High St etc..)

I'm pretty sure west of Parliament St (including Fishamble St) is D8 which is known as 'Temple Bar West.'

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pimlico

latenia wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure west of Parliament St (including Fishamble St) is D8 which is known as 'Temple Bar West.'

I stand corrected Latenia, you are correct. I always thought it was D2, I always lumped it in with Lord Edward St (D2). You live and learn :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sagat2

I once lived on Cows Lane between Parliament and Fishamble we all used D2 as our post code however I had a chat with the postman one day who informed me that we were actually D8 but as far as they were concerned it didn't make too much of a difference.

Advertisement