Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Bit Symphony

Options
  • 15-04-2011 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

I've been interested in the work of a New York based sound artist by the name of Tristan Perich and was pretty disappointed when i heard that he was in Dublin last week to launch an exhibition in a gallery in Temple Bar and I only found out the day of the launch, too late to rearrange my plans to go see him. I did however manage to get into the gallery this week to see the installation, a series called Interval Studies.. very interesting work, which i would recommend checking out.
    One of his other works is in the field of one bit music. He composed a symphony using that as his medium and presented it in the form of a dual CD case into which you jack your headphones via a slot on the side of the case. Actually it's probably best if you see it for yourselves here as my description probably doesn't do it justice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Sounds wonderful. I like that you can actually buy it, not ridiculously expensive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I have a copy of One-Bit Music which is actually really nice - although the battery has run out on my copy now :P Well worth investigating. I was actually at the opening in Dublin the other week and it was quite interesting, there were two pieces performed comprising of acoustic and electronic instruments with all sorts of curious natural blending effects between vibraphone, bell set and circuitry. Not sure if the show is still on, but it's at Monstertruck Gallery in Templebar for anybody interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

That's unreal!

Advertisement