Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed Cellular Terminal to Replace Eircom Phone Line

Options
  • 15-04-2011 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

I want to set up a fixed cellular terminal (fct) instead of the eircom phone line for calls and alarm monitoring.

These are the telephony interface specs
    Call Control DTMF
    Line Voltage 48v on hook (36v on mains fail)
    Loop Current 40mA off hook (20mA on mains fail)
    Line impedance 600-ohm complex
    Ring Voltage 70Vrms
    Ring Loa REN 4
    CLIP Bellcore FSK

The alarm is Aritech (over 10 years old) with a Digi

I would like to set up an eircom master socket or network terminating unit (ntu) like the one referred to here

I've attached the FCT to points A & B of the Digi. I've attached L! and L2 at the back of the NTU in the eircom connecting unit (ECU) to points C & D of the Digi and get a dial tone where the telephone can be plugged in to check when the front cover is off the customer connection unit (CCU).

1. I am hoping this will enable line seizure. Am I right?
    2. However when I replace the cover of the CCU and plug in, I don't get a dial tone. Why would this be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

The main phone line gets connected to the L1 L2 on the back of the main socket. The cable to and from the alarm gets crimped into the pink block on the front of the phone socket. In and out. Make sure to break the two resistors for the alarm on the socket. All other phones for the house get connected to the L1 L2 on this socket.

Advertisement