If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what floorstanders to buy

Options
  • 15-04-2011 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

hi john
    im looking to to buy a set of floorstanding speakers i already have the kef hts1001 speaker package with the psw 1000.2 sub hooked up to a denon avr1906 all bought from you a while back, could you recomend a pair of floor standing speakers to go with the kefs and maybe a centre for no with the intention of ugrading the rest of the speakers in the future im also looking for a cd/sacd player to connect to the amp,
    any advice would be great

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi It's.

That's quite a nice setup you have there and I can understand the reason for the upgrade.

There's quite a range of options available.

Could you PM me a budget that you have in mind for the fronts and centre and I'll work on a few options for you ?

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭itsme1284

pm sent

hi dave any update on this

thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

itsme1284 wrote: »
    hi dave any update on this

thanks

Itsme - Dave is on an ill deserved holiday - could you fwd me your PM and I'll get back to you asap - without the benefit of the PM I would have no hesitation in recommending the following:

Cambridge Audio S70 Floorstanding speakers £199.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/floorstanders/cambridge-audio/s70/camb-s70-blk

Cambridge Audio S50 Centre speaker - £99.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/centre-speakers/cambridge-audio/s50/camb-s50-blk

( I also have a very few Cambridge SL40 Centres in Piano Black that I can do at £89.95! (reduced from £149.95) - so the total again on the SL401 and the S70's would also be just £289.95)

If the budget is a little more elastic and you would like to 'system build' I would recommend the Monitor Audio BX5 with the Monitor Audio BX FX -I can do these at £549.90 reduced from £599.90 if you want a 'bit of class!'

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/bronze-bx

Keep me posted and apologies for the delay getting back to you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

I can do these together at just £289.90

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

hi john
    thanks for getting back

im interested in the monitor fronts and rears im also looking for the centre to go with them amybe the Monitor Audio BXLCR Centre the to keep it all matched up, would these go with my sub its a keff psw 1000.2 i think got it as a package. i am also looking for

40 metres of speaker cable
    2 digital optical cables 2m in lenght each
    4 phono cables 2m in lenght to connect sacd to my amp from my
    cambridge dvd89 (only works when it wants to) its due for a change soon
    must talk to you about getting something else some time.
    1 hdmi cable 2m long
    also the rear montitor speakers bxfx are the good and were would i position them to the side or rear i also hope to upgrade to 7.1 couls i use my keffs 1001 for the moment with these speakers as a 7.1 system
    and must important whats the best price inc delivery to tipp on these

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey itsme1284.

The Monitor Audio bits will run along with you KEF sub with no problems at all!

Here goes for a list of items and a Final Total Price.
    Monitor Audio BX5
    Monitor Audio BXLCR
    Monitor Audio BXFX
    40M Ultra Micro (http://www.richersounds.com/search/ultra%20micro)
    QED P2000 HDMI 2m
    Cambridge Optical 2.25m x2
    Philips Premium Phono cable x3
    Delivery.

This should retail for around £1050. I can offer all this for JUST £880!!

I have included good quality cables within the above quote. If you would like me to quote with cheaper cables let me know, although I think anything less would not do the system justice.

For setting up the rear's I would use the Monitor Audio BXFX as your two rear speakers and the KEF's for the side ones.

hi kenny
    if i order today when would i have them im looking for the oak finnish on the speakers
    and is there any more room on that price pleeaaaaasssseeee

Hi itsme1284.

I have all the items in stock today which means If they shipped tomorrow you would have then no later than Thursday of this week. Just in time for Easter.

All I could do on the price would be a further £10 as you can see our price is already very very tasty indeed.

pm sent

Thanks for the order Itsme1284.

It will be shipping tomorrow and arrive either Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

Once your order has left us I will PM you with a tracking number so you can keep your eye on it.

If you should have any questions once the items arrive please let me know :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

John/Kenny/Dave,

how would the Monitor Audio R270HD Floor Stands compare to the BX 5?

I got a 2 R90HD and 2 R45HD of ye last year, I'm thinking of adding to it.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

nulabert wrote: »
    John/Kenny/Dave,

how would the Monitor Audio R270HD Floor Stands compare to the BX 5?

I got a 2 R90HD and 2 R45HD of ye last year, I'm thinking of adding to it.

BX5 are better, no question - however if you have the rest of the Radius HD kit - I would probably stick with the Radius 270HD and add a Radius sub, the 360HD or even better the Radius 370hd - then you would get the looks AND the grunt!

If you are interested in a combined R270 / R360 or R370 price just drop me a line and I'll do some Boardie number shaving for you ;)

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

J

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

If you are interested in a combined R270 / R360 or R370 price just drop me a line and I'll do some Boardie number shaving for you

Got the 360 HD of ye too. Its a good sub, packs a good punch.

I see the R270's are selling for €550 which is about the same as the BX range. I'll have to wait and see. Any open box sale for the 270's coming up?

Thanks

Hi nulabert.

May I ask where you have seen the Radius 270HD priced at 550Euro?

This would be a good price for a pair of 270HD as we have them listed on our website for £549.95 / 670 Euro and other online retailers are £650 / 799.99 Euro on these.

If you would like a boardie special price on these drop me a P M and I'll knock one up for you ;)

speakers arrived today, great service thanks guys
    just have to set the up now, but i have a technical question if you can help, on the back of y denon 1906 there is front L and R A plus B amps
    to bi wire the fronts do i just run 2 cables of the left amp and 2 off the right, or would i run left A to one speaker point and left B to the other speaker point, and do the sae for the right. or is the front B for something else

thanks

Hey itsme1284.

Just wanted to say that further to our phone conversation earlier regarding wiring up your speakers.

When you get home and have a try at it should you have any further questions please just drop me a line and I'll be more than happy to help :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.