Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good firewood supplier?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

Wally, I would like to add myself to the list of people looking for a good supplier of hardwood. Could you please PM me the contact details of your supplier? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 daveve

I know this is an old thread , but can anyone recommend a good supplier. I live near Dun Laoghaire. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Stroke My Trout

Wicklow forestry products / Wicklow timber products, raheen roundwood, top notch seasoned wood and delivered. I've been burning lovely turf this year, and can get more; might be a bit too far for you though, mid-Wicklow?

Thanks for that, do you have a contact number for them. Dave

• Advertisement

Turf is from Coogans Hardware, Rathdrum or Tinahely, think they deliver, lovely turf:)

Thanks for that. Will give them a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭fundi

hard to get dry wood cheap. Whats the turf like to burn in a stove I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

Lots of ash and maybe not as much heat if you are used to with seasoned hard wood. All depends on how must moisture is in it.

I've found it very good this year, there s a couple of good suppliers, and it makes a lovely glowing fire, in a 16" grate and back boiler (love my fire too much to replace)

Yea, good seasoned timber and quality well dried turf will always command a premium but like anything, repeat custom and bulk buying always make things cheaper:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭fundi

Wally Runs wrote: »
    Lots of ash and maybe not as much heat if you are used to with seasoned hard wood. All depends on how must moisture is in it.

A stove supplier I know says too much moisture damages the stove / flue, as well as giving out less heat.

Advertisement