Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wouthout due care

Options
  • 15-04-2011 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I bought a car on 10/03/2011. I was driving it home and was involved in an accident. No other vehicle was involved. The police arrived about half an hour later. They asked what happened and I said I might have dosed off. I did not feel tired and did not feel the need to rest. I was not aware of dosing but it is the only reason I can imagine,
    They took me to the station and then to a hotel. I do not recall any mention of any potential offence. Nobody, including the police, witnessed the incident.

An officer arrived today (14/04/2011) with instrctions to report me for “driving without due care and attention”

Can I be convicted of any offence which no witness or on the basis of my own statement at the time that I “might” have dosed off? In hind sight I no not think I dosed off but cannot account for the incident.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

We can't allow anyone to give legal or medical advice on boards.ie, you should consult a solicitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement