Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Helmet Choice....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

KamiKazi wrote: »
    P120710_1343.jpg

The only reason there isn't more damage to the lower half is because I had a bluetooth headset installed there and that took a lot of the damage.

Do you have a post explaining what happened somewhere? Looks like a nasty off - how did the rest of your gear fair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

I am only starting biking, and didn't want to commit too much before I know if I will stick with it or not - so I bought a Nitro Aikido the other day from Croassans@Newry. Approximately €135, and rated full 5 starts by (the much debated here as I see) SHARP test. It's very comfortable and not too heavy. I know some of you have arleady assumed I don't like my head / that I have a cheap head - I don't know, I just hope I never get into a situation that pushes this helmet to it's limits.

It's noisy enough, but maneagable with a normal pair of cx300s (in-ear), I can listen to radio/music if I set the phone to slightly louder than what I would normally set it to for normal listening / walking around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

When I said you cant fall on your ear I did not mean literally! But its unlikely to be thrown off a bike and land directly on your EAR!!!! The 1st point of impact most helmets get is the top Qtr panel....but yes every crash is different.

I was holding the white open face Caberg helmet that got the 5 stars in Crossans, and it was a dire helmet it really was.....for a start an open face helmet should never get 5 stars as they would not be as safe as a full face helmet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Didn't notice any open face caberg on the site. My experience with hein gericke is that they'll say anything to make a sale.

Could not agree more, I could have bought a GIVI box for a helmet and they would have said perfect fit.....In contrast to Crossans where I selected the helmet and spent 25mins upstairs getting it customed to my "CRUST" and it was well worth both the time and money to go up there.

Top service, but my only criticism is they do you on the exchange rate a bit...:mad:

Advertisement