Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Had to be Done !!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

Good call. Everything up to and including 'At War With Satan' gets weekly spins... dont really care for the newer stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The good old times, this surely brings back some memories.

My favorite songs are '7 Gates of Hell' and 'Manitou' :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I bought the duluxe version of 'Black Metal' a year or so ago and its a really great album.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Haha! Brilliant, good call man. :) ****ing early Venom is actually still cool to listen to, as said before, it's awfully outdated as regards how Extreme Metal has progressed since, but it's Venom and they're to blame for it, so we can let the away with it. One of my favourite songs to study to is "To Hell And Back", don't ask why. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Nailz wrote: »
    Haha! Brilliant, good call man. :) ****ing early Venom is actually still cool to listen to, as said before, it's awfully outdated as regards how Extreme Metal has progressed since, but it's Venom and they're to blame for it, so we can let the away with it. One of my favourite songs to study to is "To Hell And Back", don't ask why. :p

Thats an excellent song, and one of the many highlights on that album. Some people tend to talk sh*t about 'Black Metal' as in how Crono's vocals suck, the guitar playing/riffs being out of tune and so on, but I personally don't care what they say. For me I think it's a class album and very memorable as well.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

Nailz wrote: »

Nah, not at all. It's heavier than most crap that Terrorizer or Metalhammer label as extreme metal these days. Venom had what a lot of metal bands lack - balls! Easily as influential as Celtic Frost or Slayer. Anyone giving out the production on a Venom album can stick to their Andy Sneap-sounding albums...

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

AaronEnnis wrote: »
    Good call. Everything up to and including 'At War With Satan' gets weekly spins... dont really care for the newer stuff though.

yeah agree 100% the later stuff is trying way too hard to revisit what once was, I did like somes track of cast in stone though! it did have the orginal venom line up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Thats an excellent song, and one of the many highlights on that album. Some people tend to talk sh*t about 'Black Metal' as in how Crono's vocals suck, the guitar playing/riffs being out of tune and so on, but I personally don't care what they say. For me I think it's a class album and very memorable as well.:D
    It's the first album I go to when I'm in the mood for bringing up some Venom first time in a while, in fact it was the next album I listened to when I saw the thread. It's just so cool, a mixture of speed and evil 4-4 riffs, Crono's vocals is perfect for the music, don't know anyone who thinks otherwise. "To Hell And Back" just a piece of downtuned excellence, it's a seriously evil riff with a simple beat to go with it, and the vocals aren't any less evil. It's one of the first truly Extreme Metal songs.
    AaronEnnis wrote: »
    Nah, not at all. It's heavier than most crap that Terrorizer or Metalhammer label as extreme metal these days. Venom had what a lot of metal bands lack - balls! Easily as influential as Celtic Frost or Slayer. Anyone giving out the production on a Venom album can stick to their Andy Sneap-sounding albums...
    They're easily an influence to anyone who plays an extreme style of music, not just Celtic Frost or Slayer, a lot of Black, Thrash and Speed Metal too. And we shouldn't take into consideration who magazines' label as Extreme Metal, there's a lot of Metal out there that isn't covered, I wouldn't really take the journo's word for it.

But that's beside the point, the style of Black Metal especially has progressed since the early days of Venom, hypothetically speaking if Venom were to only start releasing albums these days they'd probably be seen as a Heavy Speed/Thrash group in my opinion. And I don't give a **** what their production is like, it adds to it if anything.

Advertisement