Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convictions

Options
  • 15-04-2011 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Can anyone help me.... I have applied to go on the J1 Summer to America, i have a job in place and everything paid for which cost up on €1000 for everything.... My embassy appointment is end of this month and i am currenty filling out that stupid DS160 Embassy application....

I am awful stuck and nervous as to what to write for convictions, i have 3 minor convictions for drunk and disorderly and another for giving a fake name to a guard on a night out. these instances i was brought to court and made pay a fine and was convicted for......

I am wondering should i write no convictions on the form and hope for the best at embassy that nothing is said, and if anything is said just explain how minor and stupid these were and that they were 3 years ago.....

Or should i fill in yes to convictions and go through all the hassle of getting reports and **** together and risking the date i travel... im due to fly and start work start of june..

I was hoping to just go up to interview and say nothing unless they ask..

Can anyone help or advise me!! awfull worried will get rejected and lose the sum of money :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Please be advised that posters cannot give legal advice on our forum. Further, our charter does not allow posters to suggest an action that may put you at risk with the authorities.

You may wish to confer with professional legal counsel or the US Embassy as soon as conveniently possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Don;t you need to supply a police cert anyway, where these convictions will show up?

Never lie to the COs, if they find out it could mean a lifetime ban from ever entering the USA. Your convictions are minor and do not involve drugs or sexual violence, so it should have no influence on getting the visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Think u could be right man cheers!!!!

Advertisement