Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants near RDS for Saturday afternoon?

Options
  • 15-04-2011 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Hello all.

First off, can I thank everyone for the help in choosing a place to go with my dad after a play I went to see a few weeks ago. Your suggestions were a great help!!!

So this time I am bring my dad to see the King Tut display in the RDS tomorrow(saturday) and I'm looking for a place to get lunch after it at around 2pm or so. Since I dont know the area at all could someone please recommend to me somewhere nice to bring him too?

The usual steaks or anything else is cool for both of us.

Thanks for any help you can give!

RLG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Roly's is a good 'bring your Dad' kind of place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

I'd second Roly's. Consistently good food. If you like your wine and a more informal setting, The French Paradox is also a lovely spot. Not many of the other places in Ballsbridge really do it for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Sorry, didnt go to Rolys after all. Went back into town and went to Brunos in Temple bar, it was empty at 3pm but I have to say it was REALLY nice and a VERY good price!!!!
    I got a Chicken and Pepper Risotto and Apple Rubbarb Crumble with coffee for around €16
    Dad got Steak in pepper sauce(it was yum) with home cut chips(never tasted such lovely fluffy chips in dublin ever before!) and same dessert with tea and his came to just under €20.

So glad we went there instead (and I'm sure its nice but sorry) of the over priced Rolys, but thanks for the advice!

Deffo going back to Brunos! Would highly recommend!!!!!!

Advertisement