Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preserving Fruit

Options
  • 15-04-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Trying to eat a lot more fruit lately, I tend to not eat enough of it cause I generally find it very boring! To compensate I have been chopping up different pieces of fruit (banana, apple, orange mainly sometime a bit of peach or some grapes) and putting a couple of spoonfuls of yogurt over them!

thing is this is a pain to do in the morning before work everyday as I tend to just like to get up and go to work (I cycle so usually just have my shower and that in work).

If I chop up a weeks worth of fruit and put it in a air tight container would that be enough to keep it fresh and stop it from drying out or is there any kind of liquid (water, juice, syrup) I could add to the container to help it stay fresh!

Cheers for any suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

GampDub wrote: »
    Trying to eat a lot more fruit lately, I tend to not eat enough of it cause I generally find it very boring! To compensate I have been chopping up different pieces of fruit (banana, apple, orange mainly sometime a bit of peach or some grapes) and putting a couple of spoonfuls of yogurt over them!

thing is this is a pain to do in the morning before work everyday as I tend to just like to get up and go to work (I cycle so usually just have my shower and that in work).

If I chop up a weeks worth of fruit and put it in a air tight container would that be enough to keep it fresh and stop it from drying out or is there any kind of liquid (water, juice, syrup) I could add to the container to help it stay fresh!

Cheers for any suggestions!

Hey ..

I would say the bananas and apples would go off pretty quickly..you would have to put some lemon juice on them to stop them going brown but that would effect flavour too.

You can pick up bags of frozen berries and tropical fruit for cheap in aldi and lidl...might be an idea as you could just defrost a small portion night before then whack on the yoghurt.

Advertisement