Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

celtic link ferries

• 15-04-2011 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi ,just reading the reviews of Celtic Link .I have booked a return for Easter week ,just me and a motorcycle .The price is great , but I have booked a seat ...no cabin . Does anyone know if there are lockers to , well ,lock your gear up in while I try to sleep ?

Also ,is the car deck fully exposed ? .......I dont fancy my chances trying to kick start my 60 year old bike after 18 hours in the open ......

On the plus side , the price should make the experience endurable :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

00 353 (0) 53 9162688. Give them a shout.:cool:

Enjoy the spin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tpedoussaut

Celtic operate the Norman Voyager, previously used by LD Lines on LeHavre-Rosslare.
    I've done that trip in exactly the same condition. Bikes are obviously in a indoor deck, protected from elements. Said deck is locked as the ship leaves port and only re-opened 30 minutes before arriving.
    There are no lockers, but if you arrive early, the front seats have directly in front some shelving. Pick the front right seat, the quietest.
    I've left quite a large amount of stuff on the bike itself fir the whole crossing (who needs the leather pants, boots, lid at the bar ?).
    Then it's just down to your spare socks, your toothbrush and the latest Irish Times to leave without surveillance. Anything a bit more valuable would be on you all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

The ferry while cheap, clean and very well run has the bare minimum. Bar and self-service cafe. The Q for food can take an age to clear so I would take my eats on with me. There is a microwave in the cafe you can use and the staff have no problem (at least in 2010) in letting you eat in there is you are neat and polite. You can get a tea and some eats at the bar.

Wally.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 atb

has anyone traveled with dogs on this ferry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Wheelie King

Used this last year for the trip to France/Spain. Fantastic boat and cheap as chips compared to Irish ferries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 grumpybore

When on the Celtic Link ferry last week ,I heard a call over the public address ,calling the owner of a certain dog in the kennels to return to the kennels . This ,I think , shows that they do check on the pets in kennels ....pretty good i think .

The ferry was very clean , and well run .I will be using them again , heck they even arranged smooth seas over and back !!!!!

Advertisement