Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent supplement

Options
  • 15-04-2011 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

just wondering if i could get some advice.... i am on lone parents i am currently living alone and claiming rent supplement. In the next few weeks i will be moving in with a female friend, she is renting a 3 bedroom house and my daughter and i will be using two of her rooms, my friend became unemployed 3 months ago so when i move in we will both claim for rent allowance, just wondering how this works do we split the rent or should i pay more because i am using the two rooms?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

that is really a matter for you and your friend to discuss it would seem only fair that as you have the use of the two bedrooms that you would pay more rent

in relation to the rent allowance you need to get it in writing if and when you are paying more rent for the rent allowance ie a lease, you also need to make sure that the amount you are paying falls within the amounts allowable in your area for rent allowance for you and your daughter

Advertisement