Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media centre case recommendation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

8800 GTX is not really suited to a media centre. It's too loud and draws too much power. You want something you can leave on most of the time without driving up your electricity bills and something that's near silent so it's doesn't interfere with the sound of movies and music. For Home Theater PC's integrated graphics or passively cooled cards are more than adequate as they can easily handle 1080p video.

As for cases the mozart can only hold low profile cards so it definitely won't fit a 8800 GTX. I personally have an antec case very similar to the NSK 2480, and am very happy with it. It fits full size cards so you could probably fit your 8800GTX but I wouldn't recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Cheers thanks man, Yeah its not gonna be something I would leave on a lot, like most traditional media centres, it would be used for gaming and playing the odd movie. The donkey work, ie downloading music, videos etc I do on a laptop.

I plan on trying to soundproof whatever case I get as much as possible.

Advertisement