Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Charged for Goverment Stamp Duty - but got rid of my creditcard?!

Options
  • 15-04-2011 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Not sure this is the right place to post this.

Anyhow, i logged into my Aib online banking to see there is 30 debit on my old Visa account for "Goverment Stamp Duty".
    My Creditcard expired in december just gone, i had some arrears which i cleared ib febuary before leaving Ireland.
    I was told after my last payment on the fone in febuary that my card is finished, told them in december i didnt want another one - yet i am being billed for the Duty.

Is that right? i can't ring them at the moment, i will be back in Ireland next month though. My mother is not well at the moment so i don't want to text her & ask her to ring AIB for me,etc.

Its peeing me off cause i know it will be taken out of my Current account & i won't be able to get it back,its only 30 Euros, but still its my money.

Anyone able to advise me or have a similar experience?

Comments

Advertisement