Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beer rack for my collection

• 15-04-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

My collection of craft beer bottles is beginning to build up so instead of having them tucked away in a dark closet I would like to have them displayed on a beer rack. I looked online in the usual places but I could find nothing. It's all wine racks that I saw. Does anyone know where I'd find one?

Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I would like to have them displayed on a beer rack.
    What does a "beer rack" look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

BeerNut wrote: »
    What does a "beer rack" look like?

I dunno. I would have thought like a wine rack only with smaller pockets. We have a wine rack here but my bottles don't fit into it as it's too big.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

If the bottles are full of beer you shouldn't have them lying on their side, and it's probably best not to have them on display at all. Beer prefers dark cupboards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

My collection of craft beer bottles is beginning to build up so instead of having them tucked away in a dark closet I would like to have them displayed on a beer rack. I looked online in the usual places but I could find nothing. It's all wine racks that I saw. Does anyone know where I'd find one?

Cheers.

A fridge would be better for long storage

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

My beers want to be displayed. They told me one night I was drunk. I hear you on the placed on their side issue though. I would be wary of that myself.

I don't know about the fridge. Some of these bottles should not be chilled. A dark cupboard would be better than a fridge I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I would say a temperature controlled environment (i.e. one that stays fairly constant) would be best and I have a friend who has insulated a section off under the stairs and keeps all his booze there. Certainly looks impressive :D

Advertisement