Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skys 12 month contact

• 15-04-2011 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

This is a issue my mother has

August last year i upgraded to to SKY HD and gave my mother my old sky+ box

So she could record stuff.It only had one wire/feed going into it so the box did not have the record another channel.
    It would only record channel that was on

Anyway she rang sky to get her card she already had for years to work in her sky+.

Sky paired her card to the sky box i gave her

She phones to cancel today

Lady informed her because she paired her card to a different box it ties her into a new 12 month contract.

She is fuming as i gave her the box not sky.I switched over her box for mine.So SKY done nothing only pair the card my old sky box

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

dave1982 wrote: »
    This is a issue my mother has

August last year i upgraded to to SKY HD and gave my mother my old sky+ box

So she could record stuff.It only had one wire/feed going into it so the box did not have the record another channel.
    It would only record channel that was on

Anyway she rang sky to get her card she already had for years to work in her sky+.

Sky paired her card to the sky box i gave her

She phones to cancel today

Lady informed her because she paired her card to a different box it ties her into a new 12 month contract.

She is fuming as i gave her the box not sky.I switched over her box for mine.So SKY done nothing only pair the card my old sky box

That's complete BS on Sky's part, people get their boxes replaced all the time and paired to new ones, it's standard practice. IMO unless she got a package upgrade there is no new contract formed.

Open this thread in the satellite forum where some of the more expert members will confirm my belief. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@jobyrne30

Please don't link to another forum as that often causes us to end up with duplicate threads. Instead, please use the Report Post functionality to indicate to a moderator that the thread should be moved.

dudara

Advertisement