Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Swift Bel-Air

• 15-04-2011 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭

I recently bought a 98 Swift Bel-Air and I noticed the Driver side Window does not have a rubber seal around the window so the rain is getting in and lodging at the base of the door :(

Does anyone know where I could get a replacement?

Also, anyone know if a Awning and Bike Rack can be attached (pic attached)

I'm based in Galway so if anyone knows where I could get these fitted please let me know

tmalmb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭WildWater

You could try the guys in Galway Campers (although they are quite a distance from the city). We called into them once and, even thought they knew that they did not have what we wanted, we found them generous with their time and advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Nice looking bus.

Aidan MM from PatHoran MHs is a regular poster here and perhaps he could sort you out.
    I 'm sure an awning wouldn't be a problem but a bike rack might be a bit of a challenge. My bike rack is custom built and mounted to the chassis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭tmalmb

Stapeler, where/how did you get you Custom build Bike Rack made up

thanks

tmalmb wrote: »
    Stapeler, where/how did you get you Custom build Bike Rack made up

thanks
    Mine is home made to suit bikes or kayaks, It's fixed to the chassis and can be removed quiet easily. I'm sure any engineering works could build something to suit your needs.
    There is big overhang on your MH so you'd have to check that the chassis extends sufficiently to ensure a secure mount.

My rack looks like this, ignore the broken light where I reversed it into a fence :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Stapler, whats the door for behind the bike rack?

Can't help being nosey. :D

• Advertisement

Stapler, whats the door for behind the bike rack?

Can't help being nosey. :D

Toilet cassette....hasn't happened yet but it could be a bit of a problem if it needed to be emptied in a hurry :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

tmalmb wrote: »
    I recently bought a 98 Swift Bel-Air and I noticed the Driver side Window does not have a rubber seal around the window so the rain is getting in and lodging at the base of the door :(

Does anyone know where I could get a replacement?

Also, anyone know if a Awning and Bike Rack can be attached (pic attached)

I'm based in Galway so if anyone knows where I could get these fitted please let me know

tmalmb

try your local windscreen fitter for the rubber? We can certainly sell awnings and bike racks , fitting on that is a wee bit different to the norm , but certainly doable..

Advertisement