Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheese bread

Options
  • 15-04-2011 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,

Im looking for a recipe for cheese bread. I make white yeast bread but I'm not sure which cheese to put in it and also if it would be the same recipe.
    At the moment, Im using strong flour, water, yeast and oil. If anyone has any nice white cheese bread recipe they would share i'd love to try it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jendafer1

hi there!

I've made a cheesy garlic roll bread before that went down a treat. The bread dough has the same ingredients as you mentioned with the addition of a little sugar (not sure if this would be needed?), anyway, make your dough as usual then roll out to form a rectangle of approx 35cm by 23cm then add your filling to the centre, and roll it up like a swissroll:

Filling:
    bunch spring onions, chopped
    4 garlic cloves, chopped
    200g mozzarella, grated

Make sure to pinch the sides together to seal in the filling.
    Place loaf seam side down onto baking tray, cover with oiled cling film and leave for an hour to rise
    Bake for 45mins at 200C

Hope this is sort of what you were looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭LJL

oh great. thanks for that. I'll give it a go over the next while. sounds delicious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jendafer1

Good luck!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

My favourite type of cheese bread is Brazilian pao de queijo.

250ml cup of water
    250ml cup of milk
    125ml vegetable oil
    1tsp salt
    450g manioc/cassava flour (also known as tapioca)
    2 large eggs
    200g parmesan

Boil the water, milk, oil and salt and remove it from the pan. Mix in the flour and let it cool. Mix in the eggs and knead well then add the cheese and keep kneading. Form small balls with them and put them on a tray in the oven at 200° for about 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭LJL

thanks pickarooney that sounds delicious too. silly question but do you grate the cheese or break it up into chunks?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

LJL wrote: »
    thanks pickarooney that sounds delicious too. silly question but do you grate the cheese or break it up into chunks?

I buy it pre-grated for things like this.

Advertisement