Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII: Stuck on Last Boss

Options
  • 15-04-2011 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭

**Spoilers**

Stopped playing the game after I got as far as the last of Sephiroth's Forms (Safer Sephiroth), I thought "stuff this if I'm gonna go through all that again". But now I'm in mild denial, I just want to finish the game now so.

What do I have to do to fly through the last boss?

It was enough hasstle going through the Northern Crater to get there and I don't fancy getting ate at the last bit again.

Any friendly advice?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Well its an rpg...so...just grind till your level is strong enough to beat him. Do you have the wall,haste and life2 materia?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

carbonkid wrote: »
    Well its an rpg...so...just grind till your level is strong enough to beat him. Do you have the wall,haste and life2 materia?

Yeah I suppose lol *smacks head*, I'll get back on it tonight probably.

EDIT: I actually cannot remember what I have, I'd assume so though.

I've heard you can get something called Knights of the Round but I've no idea how to get it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Knights of the Round is a pain in the hole to get but might be worth it if you are desperate. My advice would be to use dispel or similar to get rid of the bosses physical and magic defense shield. Makes the whole thing a hell of a lot easier. Also Heal all the time! And equip Ribbons so you don't get murdered by status effects. You shouldn't need to grind if you haven't been running away from all the battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

XD so much nostalgia!!!!

ok what i remember is(i didnt google or anything lol!!!), if you are above 50level or something,the hp of sephiroth is 10x or something, so you will have a tougher battle if you are higher level.

the general guideline is that if you can handle the monsters in teh last dungeon well, then you levels are good enough to beat the final boss. otherwise you will have a tough time beating sepheroth. it is a jrpg ffs :D

you can use alot of handy tricks like Knight of the round(basically a summons can deal 13times 4digit damage in 1 turn >_> you are gonna spend many hours to get this summon tbh), w-summon+ leveled up summon materia allows you to spam summon in 1 turn, w-item trick for duplicate items(so you can spam megalixir/hero drink XD), prepare team's limit breaks, use enemyskill whitewind(gives you protect/haste iirc), lucky 7 trick:pac:, vincent's limit 1 hit KO trick, use Bio/regen/dispel/float wisely.

i remember my level was pretty low when i kill sephiroth, like around 40, my only problem was his awesome summon which can 1 hit the whole team like 3k+ damage, so you team's hp should be at least 3k+.

have fun man :D

seraphimvc wrote: »
    if you are above 50level or something,the hp of sephiroth is 10x or something, so you will have a tougher battle if you are higher level.

No way, i didnt know this. I guess dont grind then. Make sure you have wall to throw up your defenses, de-spell Sephiroth's and cast haste ever so often. you'll need life2 to revive fallen members after Sephiroth's mega planet moving spell.

That should do...been a while since i played it :S

• Advertisement

carbon you made me google >_> ok my memory failed me: sephiroth does get a power boost for every character that has reached level 99 :pac: so no worry on that level thing. and from the internet people suggest that characters with 50+ levels should be able to kill him easily. funny memory :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm pretty stunned to see that everyone still knows almost everything about the game whereas I started playing it for the first time ever in late February and I feel completely stupid lol
    Ever since then I've purchasd FFI, FFII, FFVIII & FFIX aswell to keep me in the 'Final Fantasy Mood'.

I've played nothing else except a FF game for the past 2 months.

Back on topic though, mega thanks for the help lads I'll give all of those hints a bash ASAP. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I faced the exact same problem when I played this for the first time a year or two ago, I didn't do much in the way of side quests, I can't remember my exact level but it was basically way to low to have any real chance against him.

I had two choices at the time, the first was to go back a couple of hours and go do all the side quest stuff until I could basically steam roll him with my superior stats.

The other choice is much more cunning and quicker, but does require an hour or two of pure tedium. Basically most of sephiroths damage (Well not so much damage as "mess you up good stuff") comes in the form of status debuffs, so what you need is a ribbon that makes you immune to these ailments. Theres two somewhere in the game that you may or may not have gotten, but you can also get them by morphing the master tonberrys in the last cave. Farm up 3 ribbons and you should be able to walk all over him, provided you aren't such a low level that his super nova will insta kill party members.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

If you're on the world map do this:

Get enemy skill "Big Guard" (manipulate beach monsters outside Costa del sol and have them cast Big guard of your enemy skill holder)

Big Guard: Barrier, Magic Barrier and Haste on all allies

Get enemy skill "white wind" (manipulate big bird monsters in the field junon/fort condor area, and have them cast it on your enemy skill holder)

White wind: heals the current amount of user's HP and removes all status ailments to all allies

With these two skills you literally cannot lose.

you can also:
    Go to the sunken plane under the sea (escape the fights if your not powerful enough) and grab all the **** you can, inc double Cut materia.

If you're already right at the end of the last dungeon:

make your way (by whatever means) to the middle path, that is: the left path
    where the road splits, then the upper path.

in this area there are "magic pots", and "mover" enemies which give tonnes of AP.
    the magic pots give 1000 per enemy (you throw them an elixir then kill them, if you're short on elixirs you can steal them from tonberries and Christopher enemies in the area)
    Movers are rarer, but they appear in threes, dont require elixers, and give 2400 AP in total.
    theres also shield materia in this area (it on one of the rocks in the second part of the area) it grants status "peerless" like <sniff> aries limit break.
    in other words it makes you invincible for a short time.
    if you keep it on one character they'll always survive, to restore the other two, etc.

but anyways, all you do is strengthen some good materia, and you'll destroy Sephiroth, you could also use limit breaks, or just go for attacks.
    to be honest, even just fighting around for a bit will be enough.
    the only thing NOT to do is put on unnecessary magic or summon Materia. The more powerful summon and magic materia RUIN your HP and other physical attributes if you pile them on a player.
    Any one player in FFVII needs only one of Ultima, contain, Comet, or Strong summon to get by.

I recently played this game through, and for the final boss I think I had one player equip contain + MPturbo, another had Bahamut Zero and another Ultima+ HP absorb (or something), the only other Green materia was restore + all,
    I then gave each player a completed or near completed (with all the worthwhile skills) Enemy Skill Materia,
    and the rest of the materia was all Support (speed plus, luck plus, HP plus magic plus etc)

my team was roughly lv 42 - 48 and was Cloud Tifa and Barret, on lv 2, lv2 and lv 1 limit breaks.

Big Guard sounds like like my dream materia lol

• Advertisement

"Big guard" is of course only one of several Enemy skills usable with Enemy skill materia.

if you prepare it properly, Enemy Skill is priceless, its a collection of 20 or so skills which, If I'm being totally honest (because of the likes of like Big Guard, White Wind, Aqualung, Trine, Pandora's Box etc) you could probably rush through the game escaping battles and being totally under powered but surviving and easily winning every boss match with nothing but enemy skill Materia.

it takes up one Materia slot and like Master Materia, dosnt effects your players stats (positively or negatively), so physical matches with lots of attacking turns and limit breaks don't lose their effectives.

the only way you can go wrong really in FF7 is to pile on summon and magic materia(red and green), in lieu of independant and command materia(yellow and purple).

one summon and or one or two magic, is all a player needs in boss battles, if even that.

Sounds like some really handy materia...but yea its not even needed for FFVII. Its probably one of the easiest and simplest of the FF games..except XIII now of course lol.

i m surprised not many people use enemyskill materia :Pbig guard/whitewind are relatively easy to get and they are so damn handy! the big guard enemy is a turtle i remember (they come in a pair). Aqualong is my another favourite enemyskill (from the chimera? there are 2 similar enemyskills anyway).

some materia are worthy of spending time level up them like the double cut materia, level 2 gives you 4x cut! and i cant remember well but i used to spam 8times thypoon with some materia combo. and final attack+phoenix is a neat trick too.

once you have the freedom of the final dungeon you can really take the piss:

Knights of the round + HP absorb

next slot:

Counter + Mime.

you cast Knights of the Round and it heals like 9999 Hp to your player and completely rapes your enemies.

then every time you're attacked you mime this action.

this will even kill ruby, without you actually having to be in the room. Proving there is no one attack that can one hit kill you, your hitting KOTR eacj time your attacked and gaining 9999 HP healed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The way I did was knights of the round table and mimic I think,its been so long now I cant remember.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Knights of the Round will **** him up but most people forget to get rid of his barrier defense. Once that's out of the way he's an absolute breeze. FFVII is a walk in the park really you don't need to go out of your way unless you want to take on the Weapons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Sephy's pretty easy if you prepare yourself. I don't know what equipment or materia you have, so I'll just tell you how I did it (it's been a while since I played so my memory might be a bit sketchy).

As another poster mentioned, Ribbons will help hugely. Morph three tonberries and give all your characters one. If you have W-Item, you can use it to stock up on hero drinks and megalixirs (not essential, but no harm). If you can, use long range weapons or the Long Range materia and put your entire party in the back row.

There's no need to load yourself up with green and red materia for this battle. You don't really need any summons, but Phoenix might be handy in a pinch. Dispel is a must. Use 2x Cut if you have it, preferably levelled up to 4x Cut. Give your strongest character (presumably Cloud) Cover and Counter Attack (give everyone Counter Attack if you can). In particular, equip Cloud with Cover if you have the Omnislash.

If you can, give at least two characters an Enemy Skill materia with Big Guard learned. If not, Wall and Haste linked to All will do nicely. Also, give at least two characters a mastered Cure, also linked to all.

First thing you do is use Big Guard (or Wall and Haste) then Regen on everyone. If you have any, use your Hero Drinks (I think they stop working after six or something). Then just tear into Sephiroth with physical attacks and limit breaks. If he uses Wall, use Dispel immediately. If your Barrier, Haste or Regen wears off, cast it again immediately.

Basically, you just need to keep your HP high enough to survive Super Nova while taking his down as quickly as possible. Heal any character that takes any significant damage and just have the other two keep attacking. You'll beat him in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Joonaspp

Shouldn't be that hard.

If you've done any of the sidequests, gained ultimate weapons, level 4 limit breaks and such, you shouldn't have any problems. If you haven't then you should complete those just for the sake of exploration and completing the game 100%.

Advertisement