Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super metroid snes V Metroid prime

Options
  • 15-04-2011 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Which is the better game and why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Which do you think?...

They're both fantastic games in their own right, and both are well overdue a replay by me.
    My gut says Super Metroid, but to be honest I think that's due to Super being one of the games that made me fall head over heels in love with gaming (I enjoyed gaming up until then, but that game just brought my appreciation of the art form to a whole new level...)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

As much as I think Metroid Prime is one of the best games of the last ten years it's super metroid for me. That game is the perfect game for me. I don't think any game has come close to being designed so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,000 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's gotta be Super Metroid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Super metroid hands down, only replayed it there a while back :)

Shadow complex on xbox live owes it a lot. (great game also)

Played Prime loved it but have no desire to go back to it anytime soon.

Edit: Also the sounds in Super are ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I'm going to buck the trend and say Prime. The atmosphere was perfect and the different abilities were implemented so well.

Super metroid was as tightly designed as it gets but I'm just not feeling it for pre-32 bit games anymore *hides awaiting backlash*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Prime, how they managed to make that into an FPS and then into a kind of FPS noone ever imagined.

Quite brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Prime.

But I got stuck with no clue where to go after a few hours in either game.

*edit*
    Do note that Super's OST has some absolutely HAUNTING melodies though!
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

never had a proper chance to play SM back in the day, its one ill have to add to my cartridge collection, along with Mario RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

I really don't know which to say, Prime was the first metroid I played, and I only played SM two years ago. But even then I think I'll say SM. It's one of the most timeless games I've ever played, and it really amazed me when I played it first. It was just that bit more fun that Prime for me.

And shadow complex is an amazing game also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Super.

close though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I've never been so content just to wander around a game world than I was with Prime.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,609 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You can't compare the two.
    They are totally different games.
    On two totally different systems.
    From two totally different genres.
    From two totally different gaming eras.

I played both upon their respective releases.
    I played both til the end, loved the imagination and the love with which they were crafted.

I have room in my heart for both games.

Super Metroid is probably the best platformer I have ever played.
    Metroid Prime is probably the best first person game I have ever played.

See, no conflict!
    Easy as cake!

Next time,
    Which is better?
    Streets of Rage or Halo?
    Goldenaxe or Goldeneye?
    Gunstar Heroes or a turd with the word "Treasure" stamped on the side??? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    sitting-on-fence.jpg

Cmon now, just pick one :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Cmon now, just pick one :D

Super Metroid Prime.

They're both frickin' fantastic, but I think Super Metroid is potentially one of the greatest video games ever made, so I'd be more inclined to go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Prime.

But I got stuck with no clue where to go after a few hours in either game.

*edit*
    Do note that Super's OST has some absolutely HAUNTING melodies though!
    :eek:

How the hell did anyone get stuck with no clue where to go in Metroid Prime?

If you stray from the target for a reasonable length of time, it prompts you where to go on your map.

Also, they're both amazing games, but I think I prefer Prime. Easily my most played game of the last gen.

Advertisement