Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Archos Vision 18 mp3/mp4 issue

• 15-04-2011 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ARCHOS-Vision-8GB-MP3-Player/dp/B003H74WKM/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1302889180&sr=8-10

hello,

i am trying to put movies on this player but am having no joy.

i have tried them in mp4 and wma and avi format but it simply says each time i try to play it file format not supported.

does anyone else have one of these or had a similar issue with it.

maybe i am encoding it wrong or something the screen is 1.8.

IT SAYS IN THE TECHNICAL STATS FROM AMAZON:

Video Playback MPEG-4 AVI (conversion needed – Windows® software included in the internal memory)

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN.

ANY HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!

IT SAYS ON ARCHOS MAIN SITE:

Watch a little video:
    If you’re a fan of music videos or those hilarious videos sent to you by email, then put them on the ARCHOS 18 vision and share them with your friends regardless of where you are. Store a few of them or a couple dozen (converted to the size of the screen) on your ARCHOS 18 vision so that your friends and family can enjoy them too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Moved to Headphones & Portable Audio Devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Unlike the proper Archos designed players (this is just a rebranded Chinese pmp) it doesnt have wide codec support.

Probably it only plays very specific videos - codec, resolution etc.

Is there a video sample on the player? If so download mediainfo and use it to check the exact specs of the video, post them here and i'll have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭AustinByrnes

these are the file properties of the sample vid that plays on the player. also it says on the box Avi5.

hope this helps.

please see attachments.

info from an avi codec.

Mediainfo would be better but what you've given should be enough info to work with.

Try mediacoder.

You're basically looking for an
    -AVI file,
    -Xvid video codec, 15 frames per sec, 500kbps video bitrate,
    -resolution no bigger than 160x128 (you also might want to rotate the video 90 deg to suit the orientation of the screen)
    -audio MP2 stereo, 44.1Khz samplerate, 96kbps bitrate

Mediacoder should allow all of that.

I'd give MP3 audio a bash because its a lot more common. I'd also see if you can go with a higher framerate than 15fps, because no proper video has that framerate. Try using the same framerate as the source to see if it works.

• Advertisement

media info.

and thanks for your help on this.

Download mediacoder and give it a shot using those settings I mentioned above. You'll need to manually configure everything but that's just the way it is when you are aiming for such specific settings.

Advertisement