Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long for 20kg Loss !

Options
  • 15-04-2011 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm a 33 year old Male, about to go 34. I'm 5 foot 11 and naturally "stocky".

I've struggled with weight for years - ever since my mid teens.

I was very active as a kid - competitive swimming, football, rugby, etc etc.

I lost my way, and my current shape has become somewhat standard for me.

Apart from the general depression (a very silent internal lonely activity) of my current state, I do not want to spend the rest of my life overweight and feeling like fatty mc fat. That's not how I want to visualise my future, so action is required.

About 6 years ago, I joined Carlisle and got into pretty good shape within about 3.5 months. I was going there 3-4 times a week and doing a 1.3hour gym routine and a 35 minute swim. I went from about 105, down to about 88kg which is pretty much where I expect to be and stay.

Right now, I'm around 110. I'm back in the gym, and I'm trying again. I've been there on and off for the last year, but let it slip for a few months after christmas and things got out of hand. I've put on about 8kg of that in the past 3.5 months. My current goal is 90KG.

So, moving forward - here's the plan.

ACTIVITY !!!

My Gym program is as follows :

Stretches for about 4 minutes once I get into the gym. I never leave these out.

1) 20 Minutes cross trainer at half potential resistance. I work at about 64 cycles per minute - it's about 128 BPM music wise ! My heart rate currently gets up to about 165 doing this. I love cross trainers. I'm sure it was a huge factor in my weight loss before.

2) Weights Machines

Chest Press - 3 X 15 @ 20KG
    Shoulder Prcess - 3 X 15 @ 15KG
    Lat Pull Down - 3 X 15 @ 40KG
    Seated Row - 3 X 15 @ 20KG
    Leg Press - 3 X 15 @ 70KG
    Lower Back - 3 X 15 @ 30KG
    Leg Extend - 3 X 15 @ 15KG
    Leg Curl - 3 X 15 @ 30KG
    Assissted Chin Up - 3 X 15 @ 70KG assist
    Ab Coaster - 6 X 15 @ 10KG loaded ( 3 different positions twice)
    Rotary Torso - 6 X 12 @ 30KG ( 3 sets each side alternating)

3) Upright Cycle
    15 Minutes on Mid Level resistance.

That's it really. It takes me about 1 hour 30 to get through.

I try to currently stick in some swimming afterwards, though I'm only at this for 2 weeks and dont' really have the spare strength to do that yet.

I'm trying to get more active in the evenings aswell - trying to get in a 1 hour walk aswell for example - again, trying to keep as active as possible and take advantage of the brighter evenings now ;-)

I'm going to keep this thread as up to date as I can - it will keep me motivated.

I'm also open to any advice from anyone who can help me reach my goal.

I'm semi confident in the advice I got from the Gym trainer who put my programme together - semi. I'm absolutely open to suggestions.

I'm also completely anal about using the machines correct - at the correct speed - at the correct seat positions - etc etc.

That's me done ! The sun is shining, I'm feeling motivated, I'm going reguarly and I'm feeling I'm into the pattern aswell.

Thanks for reading if you managed to get this far !!!

Advertisement