Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF is with the sirens in Dublin 1 (around Dorset ST.)

Options
  • 15-04-2011 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭

Just heard a bunch of them, more than usual for the last ten minutes. Followed by a fire truck zooming up towards the lower part (Drumcondra direction) and now I'm hearing the helicopter.

Any ideas what's going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Just heard a bunch of them, more than usual for the last ten minutes. Followed by a fire truck zooming up towards the lower part (Drumcondra direction) and now I'm hearing the helicopter.

rough area!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

I'm hearing the helicopter

That helicopter has been wrecking my head the last fews days!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Bohs and Rovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

wixfjord wrote: »
    Bohs and Rovers.

Really?

I wonder what that fire truck was about then.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Noticed it all night as well. Nuisance but suppose they've a job to do!

The chopper can be annoying if it's close by at night though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Noticed it all night as well. Nuisance but suppose they've a job to do!

The chopper can be annoying if it's close by at night though.

very annoying, its been over terenure the last 2 nights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Drugs raid in Drumcondra seems plausible? http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0417/drugs1.html
    The seizure is the result of a joint investigation by the Garda National Drugs Unit and Customs Officers from Dublin Port, backed up by the Store Street Drugs Unit.

The dust extractors were taken to a lock-up garage in Drumcondra and removed for distribution.

Gardaí raided the premises yesterday evening and arrested two men from the UK aged 35 and 37. One was detained as he tried to escape.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

gurramok wrote: »
    Drugs raid in Drumcondra seems plausible? http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0417/drugs1.html
    The drugs, which have an estimated street value of almost €750,000

You heard it folks,750k for 60 kilos of cannabis!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bensonx

yeah liv on dorset st and all we ever hear is sirens, got used to it after a few weeks but even when we have people over they say they dont get any sleep at all,
    and dorset st isnt a rough place at all
    theres a lot of poeple around all right but they all passing to go in and out of town like.

Advertisement