Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you seen this billboard?

• 15-04-2011 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm trying to track down this billboard. It's in Limerick city somewhere. I'm hoping someone on here will have spotted it and can let me know where abouts it is!

216522_10150258467908294_92630898293_9141589_5459883_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Can't say I have, I'll keep an eye open though.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭latchiko

Thanks Poxyshamrock! I just drove into town and it's neither of the 3 ads rotating on that billlboard so it looks like I've missed it. :(

Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I'm back again! Just saw it on Roches Street! Just across from Emerald Alpine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

think i saw one in roches street and one in Roxboro shopping centre...can anyone tell me what the slogan made for making is supposed to mean..is it a bad translation or wat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

steveon wrote: »
    think i saw one in roches street and one in Roxboro shopping centre...can anyone tell me what the slogan made for making is supposed to mean..is it a bad translation or wat?

At a guess,would it not be to say, with this type of phone you can make this kind of quality photo.I could be misinterpreting.
    Just an idea...could you not look up the Murphy guy who took the photo,and ask him:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

littlemis wrote: »
    At a guess,would it not be to say, with this type of phone you can make this kind of quality photo.I could be misinterpreting.
    Just an idea...could you not look up the Murphy guy who took the photo,and ask him:)
    I'd imagine the OP is, or is connected to, the guy namechecked in the billboard and now wants a photo of himself standing near the billboard with a big grin on his face!

Thanks guys! I'm going to have a spin in and hopefully it's still on Roches Street.

And yes, I am "the Murphy guy" who took the photo, and yes I want to get a picture of me grinning under it! :)

The concept behind the campaign was that 4 photographers across Ireland (Limerick, Cork, Galway and Dublin) were given the phone to get some photos of their city. I was lucky enough to be chosen as the Limerick photographer. The slogan came later and I'm sure it's to reinforce the fact that the phone was designed around having a good camera rather than just sticking a camera into the phone, so the phone was made for making.

Thanks again for your help!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

langdang wrote: »
    I'd imagine the OP is, or is connected to, the guy namechecked in the billboard and now wants a photo of himself standing near the billboard with a big grin on his face!

Haha, well spotted! There's a link on his profile to his photography page. It's a good shot though, to be fair to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Class photo, well done. Really great photo for a phonecamera.

• Advertisement

latchiko wrote: »
    Thanks guys! I'm going to have a spin in and hopefully it's still on Roches Street.

And yes, I am "the Murphy guy" who took the photo, and yes I want to get a picture of me grinning under it! :)

The concept behind the campaign was that 4 photographers across Ireland (Limerick, Cork, Galway and Dublin) were given the phone to get some photos of their city. I was lucky enough to be chosen as the Limerick photographer. The slogan came later and I'm sure it's to reinforce the fact that the phone was designed around having a good camera rather than just sticking a camera into the phone, so the phone was made for making.

Thanks again for your help!

Would it not have been much easier to come straight out and say that in the begining.nice photo by the way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

littlemis wrote: »
    Would it not have been much easier to come straight out and say that in the begining.nice photo by the way...

How would that have changed anything? The OP was looking for the location of the billboard in question. He discovered said location without the need to say why.

btw: well done OP

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Thanks again for the help folks, I found it on Roches Street!

As for not mentioning that I took the photo it in the first place, I'm not good at blowing my own trumpet and I didn't think it would make a difference. Thanks to those of you who like the photo! :D

Yes I did like the photo,well done....I didn't mean anything by my comment,it wasn't ment to offend.I would not have thought YOU were blowing your trumpet,by stating" I did this and am very proud of it ,now where can I find the billboard so I can pose beside it. for a photo......"It doesn't make a difference as you say,but you should feel very proud of your work and not be afraid to blow your trumpet when you achieve billboard status.Well done again,and good luck with any future ventures and I for one will be on the look out for your name in future...:):):)

Advertisement