Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much per annum for REPS record Sheets?

• 15-04-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

What is the normal price for a REPS planner to fill in your annual REPS4 record sheets?
    I've been doing it myself however it's a bit scattered so i was hoping my REPS planner could look through it with me however i was shocked when he quoted me €1,000 as he wants to fill them in himself from scratch.
    I joined REPS4 in May 2008 so it would be three years of record keeping.
    Am i mistaken to think i could do it myself?
    Your thoughts would be most welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Get a few quotes in writing, also what they'd do for ya if they mess anything up. €1k sounds like money for jam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭David brown

ballynag wrote: »
    What is the normal price for a REPS planner to fill in your annual REPS4 record sheets?
    I've been doing it myself .i was shocked when he quoted me €1,000
    should that not be included as part of your annual contract.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

300 cash for my plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭johnstown

€1000!!!! that sounds like extortion.

While I would imagine it would very based on the level of difficulty/acerage etc, I'd have though about €100 would be enough. Its hardly more than a couple of hours work.

Anyhow, I fill in my sheets myself. Mine are relatively simple as I have no stock, only tillage.

Would you not make a stab at filling in the sheets, by reference to the REPS plan and then maybe getting your advisor to check the information if you are unsure? You can always print out new record sheet templates from the department website if you make mistakes.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ballynag

johnstown wrote: »
    €1000!!!! that sounds like extortion.

While I would imagine it would very based on the level of difficulty/acerage etc, I'd have though about €100 would be enough. Its hardly more than a couple of hours work.

Anyhow, I fill in my sheets myself. Mine are relatively simple as I have no stock, only tillage.

Would you not make a stab at filling in the sheets, by reference to the REPS plan and then maybe getting your advisor to check the information if you are unsure? You can always print out new record sheet templates from the department website if you make mistakes.

Tom

I had planned on tidying up my own records, running through them with my planner and getting him to make the necessary amendments however he was fairly adament that he would prepare them from scratch.
    To me it looks like he is short of work now that REPS is discontinued and AEOS is unworkable therefore he is horsing it into the last remaining REPS clients.
    Not much i can do really except pay it as he is my contact man with the department when and if an inspection happens and I need some sort of resolution (as is normally the case with department inspections).
    The one thing i would say if i was bringing him the shoebox of paperwork each year it would be €350 per annum so there is a degree of responsibility on my side for not bringing this to his attention earlier.
    As stated I think I'll take the pain and pay the man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

I do mine myself. My planner checked them at the end of year 3 and gave them the all clear. I learned how to use the old farm accounts book in ag college which makes filling in stock numbers easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭agcons

presumably you want him to take responsibily for their accuracy therefor its logical for him to want to do them himself from scratch.
    350 sounds cheap to me. We charge from 325 to 650 per year(incl vat) annual fee for all REPS clients, and have been at that level for the past 4/5 years. Price included an annual farm visit, SPS application, records and whatever other bits and pieces crop up during the year. Our main competitor who was charging a lot less is winding down and not even doing AEOS applications this year so I think our price level is reasonable enough, especially given the level of service we provide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

We paid €680 to Teagasc last year. We get the maximum REPS. It includes an annual visit, record sheets etc. It also includes SFP applications under 2 herd numbers (last year they had to amend a number of maps for us and they checked over and submitted them for us). We're also part of their suckler discussion group and meet quarterly on various farms. They also arranged a couple of evenings last year to do with completing the farm safety statement which were useful.

As Agcons suggested, the main advantage to having the planner to do the REPS sheets is for accountability.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ballynag

Cheers Agcons, i suppose my main shock was at the €1,000 but when you break it down it stacks up.
    The one fault i would give my planner is that he never mentioned this annual maintainance cost to me before, i.e. he never charged for it before and he was never very proactive about the record sheets and other obligations under the scheme.
    agcons wrote: »
    presumably you want him to take responsibily for their accuracy therefor its logical for him to want to do them himself from scratch.
    350 sounds cheap to me. We charge from 325 to 650 per year(incl vat) annual fee for all REPS clients, and have been at that level for the past 4/5 years. Price included an annual farm visit, SPS application, records and whatever other bits and pieces crop up during the year. Our main competitor who was charging a lot less is winding down and not even doing AEOS applications this year so I think our price level is reasonable enough, especially given the level of service we provide.

Advertisement